Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
mattmakaha

Are these the coolest riffs ever?? (Rock) - matt makaha

Here's a brand new song I wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyOBkg282Q0
The buckethead sounding licks in the mini solo isn't played the way you might think. It's a bit similar to the intro licks in my video in my signature, but it's skipping over different strings though.
My instrumentals can now be downloaded for free, using the link.
mattmakaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
pinguinpanic

Hello there. Writing as i listen:

Intro is very chill. Like the bass sound. Somehow it gives me a kind of Hawaiian vibe might be your name haha. The lead sounds at 0:39 is rather 80sish it gives me a kind of "Time of my life" vibe. Altough that song is kind of fresh in my mind because of listening to the Panzerballett version a lot lately. The solo thingy at 1:20 is pretyt nice and still very chill and clam. I like the shizzle of the hats at 1:37, if those are hats. If it's something else I still like. The kick sound could come up a bit and be a bit less wool and more punch in my opinion. The difference between the snare and the kick really stands out because the snare itself is really crisp and clear while the kick is very undefined which kinds of jams. The guitar rhythm tone is a bit "weak", a bit to much on the fuzz sound rather then the "real amp distortion" side of things. I mean it's not bad but I feel it could be better. Maybe play arround with the microphone position a bit?

In general the song is nice, it's very chill and groovy. Really getting the vibe across. Production wise you're getting the vibe across but I feel there is room for improvement. Just some little details that could use some work.
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
pinguinpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
21Fretter

I liked it, nice job.
21Fretter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #4
mattmakaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguinpanic
Hello there. Writing as i listen:

Intro is very chill. Like the bass sound. Somehow it gives me a kind of Hawaiian vibe might be your name haha. The lead sounds at 0:39 is rather 80sish it gives me a kind of "Time of my life" vibe. Altough that song is kind of fresh in my mind because of listening to the Panzerballett version a lot lately. The solo thingy at 1:20 is pretyt nice and still very chill and clam. I like the shizzle of the hats at 1:37, if those are hats. If it's something else I still like. The kick sound could come up a bit and be a bit less wool and more punch in my opinion. The difference between the snare and the kick really stands out because the snare itself is really crisp and clear while the kick is very undefined which kinds of jams. The guitar rhythm tone is a bit "weak", a bit to much on the fuzz sound rather then the "real amp distortion" side of things. I mean it's not bad but I feel it could be better. Maybe play arround with the microphone position a bit?

In general the song is nice, it's very chill and groovy. Really getting the vibe across. Production wise you're getting the vibe across but I feel there is room for improvement. Just some little details that could use some work.

Regarding the tone, at one time I had an ADA MP-1 preamp and a Mosvalve power amp--that set up had some great tones, both rhythm and lead...
mattmakaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
Fallenoath
My minds playin' tricks

RAWKED
MY
CAWK

\m/

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute
1999 Ibanez RG470 (MIJ)
Peavey 6505+
Egnater Tweaker 15 (Yeah, I tweak)
Fallenoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Metal Turtle

Hey man! I commented on your Youtube channel! I subscribed!
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Craziork

at 0:13 the first thing to strike my mind was Collective Soul - Shine
Craziork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #8
Jabbe

Not my type of music but I liked it! Good mix
Jabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...