Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #10281
rsridharsingh

Hi, Hello Every body. !!!
rsridharsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #10282
vsedinger

hi to all. I'm Victor, 66 years old. been strumming chords off and on since I was 15, but never consistently. just started lessons on fingering and actual melodies. bought a used Taylor acoustic and love it.
anyway, hi and thanks for the chance for an old guy to hang out here
vsedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #10283
keyboardmom127

This site has been very very helpful. I starting using it with Setlist Helper App. Great for live gigs and getting organized on my android Samsung tablet. Saves a lot of aggravation.... and shuffling of papers. In 3 different groups with 3 different catalogs... need this and Setlist Helper. Thanks to all who contribute.
keyboardmom127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:24 AM   #10284
barloski

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesgirlsw
Hi! I'm Stevie. Nice to meet you all! I started taking lessons and playing acoustic guitar in October. I see a lot of under 20's on this site, so I hope you don't mind if this old lady crashes the party. Thank you everyone that has posted tabs and given advice! I'm still a mess playing, so I'm afraid I can't contribute in that way, but I can offer moral support! I really enjoy music from a lot of different genres, and I love the fact that there is such a diversity of ages and places and cultures! So many flavors to choose from!

I so hear you sister, this is me too! Hello I'm from Oz down-under (Australia). Watch out for the drop bears, if you come visit, they're killers! I wanna play classic rock on my Fender strat ... nice guitar, love it and it keeps me motivated. I too can be good one day I'm sure.
barloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #10285
daguirre0307

my name is david and I'm new around here greetings to all
daguirre0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:11 PM   #10286
TheNorthSea

Hello to all,
This is my second post here. Now that my signiture is password are good, I can finally start posting here. It is remarkable how friendly musicians are with one another. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum and looking forward to sharing my own knowledge/experience.
TheNorthSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #10287
Wayf

Hi Friends,

Glad to join the club. I've been playing guitar for more than a decade, and probably using UltimateGuitar for about as long. I'm mostly self-taught, though the love for it was instilled in me by my very musical dad. It's the one thing we can bond over, and that's special. Anyway, I swap between playing a steel stringed Little Martin LXM and a 1/2-size Strunel Amada classical. They're both little acoustics, so easy to take anywhere, and they're so much fun to bang around on.

I mostly play around bonfires, on front porches, and down by the water. Usually accompanied by a number of cold ones and a ragtag group of good people who like to sing loud and off key. I joined UG because there were no chords in existence for a particular song and I thought I'd throw some up.

Have a beautiful day.
Wayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:56 PM   #10288
bluesgirlsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by barloski
I so hear you sister, this is me too! Hello I'm from Oz down-under (Australia). Watch out for the drop bears, if you come visit, they're killers! I wanna play classic rock on my Fender strat ... nice guitar, love it and it keeps me motivated. I too can be good one day I'm sure.

Hi OZ! You caught me on my cultural naivete, I'm afraid. But I thought it would bring some grins, so at the risk of everyone thinking me a complete idiot, I'll explain. (And if this doesn't break the ice for us newbies nothing will!)
I have never heard the term "drop bears" before, so I made the assumption that this was a local rock band from Australia that you really liked and were recommending to be checked out. So I googled "drop bears", but the only "music" I heard was the sound of me laughing! How could you? And me not even a tourist? lmao-bt! Here in the States we take people "snipe-hunting", which my best friend's brother tried to pull on me when I was 12, and it didn't work. So apparently when I was 12, I was wiser and more worldly than I am now at 49? This is very confusing and I'm hoping you can help me figure out something? In 5 yrs., when we're both shredding Strats, are we forming a death-metal band called "DropBearz", or an alt-rock band called "KillerKoalas"?

Thanks for the chuckles!

Last edited by bluesgirlsw : Yesterday at 12:23 AM.
bluesgirlsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:40 AM   #10289
ctagg

Hey, this is my first post, just wondering is there a way to find people in my area to jam with on this site? Sick site anyway, I use it all the time for tabs and just wanted to get in a forum with other guitarists
ctagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM   #10290
barloski

Hehe Stevie, too funny.
Look forward to seeing everyone progress.
Cheers, Mandy
barloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #10291
LostHeaven

Hey, everyone!

Even though I've known and regularly checked the site in the past, only decided to register on the forums today.

The amount of content available here is pretty amazing. I've been finding the Reviews section particularly useful.

Cheers
LostHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM   #10292
melawz1

Well, hi. =D
melawz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: