Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

Rasgueado Question..

So i'm pretty new to the technique of rasgueado and flamenco techniques in general but my question is..
Well actually i have two but my first is..

Should i use all 4 strumming hand fingers when playing? I find it a lot easier with just the 3 fingers (excluding pinky). I tried with my pinky and i can't get that nice sort of "flow" going like i can with 3 fingers.

Second question..

If tremolo picking one string over and over for instance, how do i do it? It can't be the same rasgueado technique can it? Once i use all 4 of my fingers it's like.. how do i keep that same constant sound going? I don't know it just can't be rasgueado? Any advice on that would be great!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by vayne92 : 04-23-2013 at 01:15 PM.
vayne92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.

Rasgueado is done with your IM and A fingers. So, the pink is excluded. The same applies to trem. A trem is done by cycling through the fingers. So, P,A,M,I - P,A,M,I etc

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #3
Asura-Kun

well actually it can be done both ways, a 3-finger rasgeado or a 4-finger rasgeado, the main difference is that when using 3 fingers you tuck them behind your thumb and with 4 you use your palm. but yeah just go with the one you're most comfortable with, try looking at lessons by graf martinez.

tremolo picking can be done with 3 fingers but it's usually done with a technique called "picado" which is just 2: I and M.

also for tremolo picking chords there's a different technique called "abanico".
Asura-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: