Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #141
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
 
kurt_cobain9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Wow. The butt hurt was strong in this one...

Entertaining read though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.


kurt_cobain9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #142
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalRock4ever
No? It takes time to make good pieces of music. Bach, Mozart, etc. were geniuses in their time. Mozart composed at a very young age, Bach made so many great pieces of music (like the St Matthew's Passion), but it doesn't mean that if you don't copy them, you're untalented. Music's changed, instruments have changed, you have to adapt. What you are talking about is just dumb. No offence, but it's true. Try composing a masterpiece which is popular throughout the world in 2 hours, without changing/altering it afterwards. It's difficult. Take your time and work these things out. There are exceptions. Axewound apparently did their album in 10 days. Some people can compose masterpieces in a couple of hours (I think Finzi is an example, not sure), but what you say does not apply to everyone.


What are you talking about? Talent is simply having a natural aptitude for something, and if you're talented then you will be able to produce something of equal quality to someone else in a shorter space of time. It's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt_cobain9
Wow. The butt hurt was strong in this one...

Entertaining read though.


Person A: *dickish stuff*
Person B: You're a dick.
Person A: lol u so butthurt! lololololol

__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.

Last edited by Todd Hart : 11-03-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #143
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Jesus christ, this is still going?
The band is bad, their music is bad, hell most of the genre is just awful.
That doesn't mean he deserved to die. He left a wife and a child behind, and many people who enjoyed their music.
RIP, the end, let's move on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.

Last edited by Ometh : 11-03-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #144
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
 
kurt_cobain9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Person A: *dickish stuff*
Person B: You're a dick.
Person A: lol u so butthurt! lololololol



yeah, pretty much.

still, for those fighting about it, fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still ******ed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.


kurt_cobain9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #145
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt_cobain9
yeah, pretty much.

still, for those fighting about it, fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still ******ed.


What's the difference between an argument on the internet and an argument in real life?
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #146
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
 
kurt_cobain9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
What's the difference between an argument on the internet and an argument in real life?


The fact that everyone on the internet seems to have an overly inflated ego and seem to feel self empowered. That's about it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.


kurt_cobain9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #147
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt_cobain9
yeah, pretty much.

still, for those fighting about it, fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still ******ed.


The only difference between an argument in real life and one on the internet is that if you look a fool on the internet then it's recorded for all to see. I quite like the stakes, frankly.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #148
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt_cobain9
The fact that everyone on the internet seems to have an overly inflated ego and seem to feel self empowered. That's about it.


The people that are as passionate about a subject with a lot of facts to support their position are usually just as vehement in real life as they are on the internet.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #149
Eggmond
Otherwise Known as Eggy
 
Eggmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cill Dara,Eire
RIP Dime
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\



Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Eggmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #150
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Let this thread die ffs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #151
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
 
kurt_cobain9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
The people that are as passionate about a subject with a lot of facts to support their position are usually just as vehement in real life as they are on the internet.


I guess.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.


kurt_cobain9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.