Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #21
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonOptic
Apologies for the double post, but I've been looking at a Joyo (I think it's called) Octave Fuzz. Is it worth getting both a fuzz pedal with octave up and just a normal pedal, or would it be better to keep saving the FF?

it might be a different style of fuzz in the octave fuzz. that'd be the concern (i dunno, i've never really tried an octave fuzz).

All my joyos are fine- but i've seen enough people getting DOA ones that I may have just been lucky. Thomann sells some of the joyos rebranded under the harley benton brand (not the fuzz, though) with a 3 year warranty and a little cheaper than you can get them in the UK- and also, if my experience (and some other people's) was anything to go by, they don't even ask you to send the faulty one back as it's uneconomical.

Anyway, long story short, if you are considering joyos, probably get them from thomann (assuming they do the one(s) you want).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonOptic
Broken as in physically or just not working?

would that make any difference?

er....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
AeonOptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
would that make any difference?

Well I would have assumed that someone that knew what they were doing (not me) would probably be able to rehouse the circuitry etc in a different box.

Last edited by AeonOptic : 11-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.
AeonOptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #23
forsaknazrael
..kupo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedInTheRain
there are a couple of minor differences. they're documented on kitrae's website.

I've noticed that newer NYC and presumably the LBMs contain a few more coupling caps around the tone control area. This is one thing that sets them apart from older circuits.
forsaknazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #24
joe_k
stereo amp connaisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
if my experience (and some other people's) was anything to go by, they don't even ask you to send the faulty one back as it's uneconomical.

This is such bad business. I could well buy a Joyo, email them and say it doesn't work and they send me another one. So i get 2 for the price of 1.

I work for a company which does swaps on faulty equipment and if we don't get the faulty one back then we invoice the customer for the price of the unit. You can't really put trust in consumers, they will rip you off at every chance.

I guess they are producing so cheap that their magins allow for this. plus hopefully people are being honest and not ripping them off and it stays that way.

joe_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #25
forsaknazrael
..kupo?

ya god forbid if someone were to rebrand joyos as a boutique brand...
forsaknazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #26
joe_k
stereo amp connaisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaknazrael

Thanks, Ken!

joe_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #27
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_k
This is such bad business. I could well buy a Joyo, email them and say it doesn't work and they send me another one. So i get 2 for the price of 1.

I work for a company which does swaps on faulty equipment and if we don't get the faulty one back then we invoice the customer for the price of the unit. You can't really put trust in consumers, they will rip you off at every chance.

I guess they are producing so cheap that their magins allow for this. plus hopefully people are being honest and not ripping them off and it stays that way.

I am being honest.

I guess they're working on the basis that, for all it costs them to buy the joyos, international postage on the pedal would probably cost them more than the joyo costs to begin with.

Plus I'm also guessing if the same person continually was asking for replacements, they'd maybe start to ask for them back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaknazrael

er....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: