Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
Mlagz

Going nuts over finding a new pedal

I have 500$ to spare. Looking for something crazy sounding but not too out there. I've checked out the eventide space pedal as well as the empress delay. Both sound great. Any other suggestions? I know the question is kind of vague in terms of the style of the pedal, but I'm open to anything.

My current pedals are

Line6 DL4

Tube Screamer

Boss Loop Station

And a broken Boss tuner
Mlagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
Roc8995

For 500 I'd just get a Line 6 M13 and be done with it. You've already got a tubescreamer for dirt and it will replace everything else you've got and plenty more besides.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
souperman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
For 500 I'd just get a Line 6 M13 and be done with it. You've already got a tubescreamer for dirt and it will replace everything else you've got and plenty more besides.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
joe_k
stereo amp connaisseur

With $500 you can get a Strymon Mobius. go order one right now. endless amounts of fun. and amazing useful. M13 is more flexible though.

joe_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
ma_tt11
Threadkiller

Electroharmonix Flanger Hoax. I had one for a while, theyre fun to mess around with... its got a billion knobs. I really miss it and wish I still had it

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
ma_tt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
ikey_

...well i would buy another tuner? wah. every guitarist needs a wah. depending how you play, a good boost/line driver can be used in a multitude of applications.

...of course if you want single pedals.
(crybaby, GFS tuner, CMAT Signa Drive, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Xotic EP Boost)
ikey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
ChrisBW

M13 or M9. Get an expression pedal (or two) - Ernie ball volume Jr, 25K. There's an eBay seller that has them new for like $65. I like mine.

Sell the DL4 and looper and save the money or get some other random pedals. I ended up getting an MXR eq recently since I was sick of having one of my M13 slots always taken by that. You wouldn't necessarily need another tuner with an M9/13 but I already had a TU-2 before the M13, and I think it's useful. Powers my ODs and EQ and I use it in mute mode, it's just convenient for me.

Rate This Thread: