Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  

Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011

Just a brief question... when someone refers to the height of a fret as 'tall' or 'high' what are they actually referring to?
cola4369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Mac Hater
KillerLolrus's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec
Just taking a swing at it as I don't quite know myself but I would guess the metal frets height from the actual fretboard.
KillerLolrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Illuminati IsRAEL
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
They're referring to how physically tall the frets are, and how high they sit above the fretboard. The reason some people like large frets like this is because it makes the fretboard feel 'scalloped'

It's kinda hard to give an answer to your question because it's like asking why water is wet- the concept is pretty intuitive to understand.
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
Is this like one of those things where when you were on the bus kids would ask you weird wuestion and one meant you were gay or something but they'd never tell you what the question meant till you answered


Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 04-21-2013 at 11:14 AM.
T00DEEPBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.