Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
Dillonski

Wizard Of Shred?

Hey everyone,
I came across these online guitar lessons (http://www.thewizardofshred.com)
He teaches different techniques such as - Sweep Picking and Legato.
His programms are pretty expensive but his free samples seem pretty legit and he seems to know what he's talking about.
I'm pretty sceptical as he claims to speed up your progress. (Seen loads of people saying this)

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with his lessons and if so would they recommend him or not?

Cheers
Dillonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
BradIon1995

It's worth every cent my friend. Go for it.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
Tempus
In Gear Hell

Eh. A lot of his information is available from other sources online. Youtube is an amazing resource if you know what you're looking for. But if you want to pay for the sexy ladies, go ahead...
Tempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
Dreamdancer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillonski
Hey everyone,
I came across these online guitar lessons (http://www.thewizardofshred.com)
He teaches different techniques such as - Sweep Picking and Legato.
His programms are pretty expensive but his free samples seem pretty legit and he seems to know what he's talking about.
I'm pretty sceptical as he claims to speed up your progress. (Seen loads of people saying this)

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with his lessons and if so would they recommend him or not?

Cheers

From what i have seen in his site the guy is legit and offers solid and good advices.Tempus has a point ,all the info you may need is definately available on the net for free, the thing is though you cant organize it in a sound training schedule by yourself if you dont know the hows and whys of guitar playing.

Thats why a teacher is irreplaceable in the first place cause...you can download all the exercises in the known universe but you cant organize them well or benefit from them if you try them out of context.

So i would personally recommend to spend your money on a....real live wizard of shred teacher ...that can correct you on the spot with the proper feedback.That is some money well spent right there .

But back to this guy....i have seen countless dvds from well known guitarists offering less teaching info on their DVDs than this guy is offering on his free samples.So in my opinion he isnt hype but shouldnt be your first choice either.If you want a comprehensive guide to guitar lead playing by a great teacher and very affordable look no further than the "Speed mechanics for lead guitar" by Troy Stetina.In all seriousness i havent found a better technique-building book available....so i would go with that .

Last edited by Dreamdancer11 : 03-30-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Dreamdancer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
andyg_prs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradIon1995
It's worth every cent my friend. Go for it.

Have you tried his Alternate Picking DVDs? I'd love to have an opinion before buying them.

I have the Troy Stetina book to....and it's great but I do like the idea of a structure plan for improvement.

Cheers,
Andy
andyg_prs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
Geldin

Don't bother paying for any guitar instruction online. Literally everything he offers can be found free of charge online with about 5 minutes of googling.

The album is streaming here
Geldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geldin
Don't bother paying for any guitar instruction online. Literally everything he offers can be found free of charge online with about 5 minutes of googling.

This.

If you have money you want to spend on learning guitar then pay for a teacher who will teach you in person. Everything else can be found for free but having that face-to-face contact is absolutely worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven seagull
Zaphod wins...flawless victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freepower
Another flawless victory for Zaph!

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
sweetdude3000

In all serious, if your buying dvds for the hot chicks, though knee-jerk reaction level tempting, all that, too, can be found via google in less than 1 min worth of effort.
sweetdude3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
deltadaz

The only way to speed up your progress is to practice more.

Steer clear of anyone who claims to know a magical fast way to progress there aint one

hard work practice practice practice it's the only way
Old 06-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
sweetdude3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamdancer11
From what i have seen in his site the guy is legit and offers solid and good advices.Tempus has a point ,all the info you may need is definately available on the net for free, the thing is though you cant organize it in a sound training schedule by yourself if you dont know the hows and whys of guitar playing.

Thats why a teacher is irreplaceable in the first place cause...you can download all the exercises in the known universe but you cant organize them well or benefit from them if you try them out of context.

So i would personally recommend to spend your money on a....real live wizard of shred teacher ...that can correct you on the spot with the proper feedback.That is some money well spent right there .

But back to this guy....i have seen countless dvds from well known guitarists offering less teaching info on their DVDs than this guy is offering on his free samples.So in my opinion he isnt hype but shouldnt be your first choice either.If you want a comprehensive guide to guitar lead playing by a great teacher and very affordable look no further than the "Speed mechanics for lead guitar" by Troy Stetina.In all seriousness i havent found a better technique-building book available....so i would go with that .

If you are the same Dreamdancer11 on youtube, you have probably the best videos out there for technique! And yes, Speed mechanics for lead guitar is excellent.
sweetdude3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: