Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Multi-Effect?

I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a multi-effects setup if I was to go that rout. I'm sure making a pedalboard would be better sounding, but I have neither the experience with what exactly it is I'm looking for sound wise, nor the money for that, so I'm looking towards something with a bit of variety.

I had been looking at the Digitech RP1000 and the Line6 M13. If anyone has experience with either, or knows of something else, I'm game.

I really don't want to spend more then $300, and I've seen both of the aforementioned units for that or less used.

I'd be playing them through a Fender HRDeville 212 or an AC4TV, depending on the situation.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

If you don't want amp modelling i'd go the M13 any day really great pedals.

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #3
greeny23
Mechromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxSilentxLine
If you don't want amp modelling i'd go the M13 any day really great pedals.

truth.

Cheap Stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock05
would a pedalboard make my rc20xl loop station sound better? the playback on this thing sucks with batteries and the power supply.
greeny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Gary.Blizzard
Yes, I am a snowman.

The DigiTech is ok. That's about all I can say for it. Have the RP50 and played the other models, to me it sounds pretty cheap, but then nothing sounds good enough to me.

If it helps your decision any I dropped a 50lb barbell on it, and aside from a cracked shell it still works. So I guess it's durable?

Still think it sounds real cheap though.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Showiddlydiddly
Djangified

Line 6 are so much better than most people give them credit for, M13 all the way.
Showiddlydiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showiddlydiddly
Line 6 are so much better than most people give them credit for, M13 all the way.

I've never seen anyone bash Line 6 here? They have a great following and get recommended regularly for the great products they make.

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris
Old 10-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
Showiddlydiddly
Djangified

Quote:
I've never seen anyone bash Line 6 here? They have a great following and get recommended regularly for the great products they make.

Fair enough. Maybe I spend too much time watching gear videos on YouTube and not enough time in the GG&A.
Showiddlydiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
ToneMasterDelux
UG's Question Kid

Quote:

I personally cannot stand line 6. Their cheaper stuff sounds like garbage to me, however I do think the Pod XT sounds ok.

If I were him and I was going to spend 300 I would just get 2, 3 or 4 used individual pedals you know you are going to use, I used multi- effects for a while but raw pedals are worth it in the end.

What kind of tones do you want? If you don't know what pedals to get we could always give suggestions. You'd probably be set for a while with just and echo, wah, and Od/ distortion.
ToneMasterDelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneMasterDelux
I personally cannot stand line 6. Their cheaper stuff sounds like garbage to me, however I do think the Pod XT sounds ok.

If I were him and I was going to spend 300 I would just get 2, 3 or 4 used individual pedals you know you are going to use, I used multi- effects for a while but raw pedals are worth it in the end.

What kind of tones do you want? If you don't know what pedals to get we could always give suggestions. You'd probably be set for a while with just and echo, wah, and Od/ distortion.

He said in his OP that he is not sure what he wants yet so a good quality multi fx is a good route to take while he figures out his sound and knows what he wants to concentrate on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a multi-effects setup if I was to go that rout. I'm sure making a pedalboard would be better sounding, but I have neither the experience with what exactly it is I'm looking for sound wise, nor the money for that, so I'm looking towards something with a bit of variety.

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris
Old 10-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
ToneMasterDelux
UG's Question Kid

Quote:
He said in his OP that he is not sure what he wants yet so a good quality multi fx is a good route to take while he figures out his sound and knows what he wants to concentrate on.

I saw, but I think if you are going to spend $300 then you might as well get some basic pedals that are common use and won't go down a lot in value once modeling technology increases.

With those pedals the things most people use are distortion, wah and echo and the rest is kind of wasted other than some cheap laughs or the occasional cool sound. All I'm saying is you might regret spending all that money for something that you'll get a small return on, you can at least get a good amount of money back or trad if you don't like analog pedals. Thats just my 2 cents. If you really want to figure out your sound try some stuff out at Guitar Center or at a friend's house and you could save some $$.

I would highly advise getting a pedal from each of these categories (personally I would go for the first in each category but they are all good)
Wah: Ernie Ball Wah, Vox V847, Dunlop Crybaby
OD/Distortion: Jeckyll and Hyde (new or old version), Germanium 4 Big Muff
Echo: Love Pedal Gen 5, Aqua Puss, Memory Boy or Memory Toy, Cmat Mods Deeelay

You should be able to afford one pedal from each of these categories used for under or around $300 and they will sound great. Mxr also makes good budget pedals and you could choose 4 for around $300 or less.

Last edited by ToneMasterDelux : 10-14-2012 at 06:28 PM.
ToneMasterDelux is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: