Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
TosinAsLeader

A new user in need of wisdom as a guitarist..

Hi,

Yeah so I signed up for Ultimate Guitar today. I really like this site because it gives alot of usefully info and provides tabs I am assuming this is also a forum place to ask question etc. So my question is what songs should I learn as a guitarists. I like metal, jazz, good stuff like that (hence my user name.) I plan on learning Now Arise by Born Of Osiris. It looks a little challenging for my level, but it also looks like something I can grasp easily. I guess I am a intermediate? So yeah, any other song recommendations on what I should learn?

Also, how on earth do you do a pinch harmonic? This is a technique I found the hardest to do at the moment.
TosinAsLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
whoomit

Learn songs you enjoy!

Ask about pinching in here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...display.php?f=9

And welcome to the site
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
TosinAsLeader

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
Learn songs you enjoy!

Ask about pinching in here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...display.php?f=9

And welcome to the site

Thank you!
TosinAsLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
sweetdude3000

Learn Blues music and trying to play from ear. Try to figure out the motifs or what are called licks and string them together when you practice alone. They form the blueprint, no pun, for your jazz metal.

All your rock heroes learned it. How you think Tony Iommi came up with his cool riffs? Basically from old blues records and put his own personal spin on things.
sweetdude3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: