Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #781
Eastwinn
pulling empty hall alarms

this sounds like a suitable waste of my time. can someone link a decent lp that's maybe informative too? thanks friends.
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #782
SteveHouse
trys hard, loves the game

anything that isn't dull and repetitive (sup ground slam). make me actually need to try instead of spamming LMB like it's chivalry.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (・ω・`)
SteveHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #783
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
this sounds like a suitable waste of my time. can someone link a decent lp that's maybe informative too? thanks friends.

You won't really find an lp for this game. ZiggyDGaming or whatever his name is has a lot of new player friendly stuff to give you an idea of how to approach making a character that will handle the endgame. I believe he actually does have a rather lengthy playthrough of the game but the build he used is from the meta like a year ago so you wouldn't want to follow that particular aspect of it.

It is much more of an endgame type game than a story game. You essentially get a big pool of level maps that spawn instances and you roll those maps for a wide variety of affixes that will determine what you face in the instance. A similar system exists for access to the main boss fight from the last expansion which will wreck your face. It's incredibly fun and stays fresh. to me the story is just something you rush through in order to get to the point where your build is fleshed out and you really get to challenge it and see what you can handle. It's a free game that is not pay to win and I've dropped nearly 200 bucks into the game, that's how excellent I think it is.

Steve, how about incinerate? EB/MOM and block. It may not be the most mlg aps build out there but why not.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AA...NWP-klRBx6VLk2S

bonus is that adam will judge it ruthlessly
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #784
CaptainRon
Thank You Uncle Feaster

oh wow dis shit is bumpin!

On netbook so can't really look at build. You didn't spec into the reduced mana cost of skills + inc mana nodes down and to the left of scion, so I'm not really sure what to think. To me that 20% extra mana is huge, it's effectively a 20% (or 18%?) boost to your MoM when you have full stage incinerate. Then you get mana on top.

I've never taken that route through the right side either so not much judgement here. Just remember that increased proj damage is a good thing even if PoEBuilder tells you otherwise.

Play Minecraft? Come join us on the UG server!
IP: 198.23.140.132
MC Thread

I see that you know your judo well. Good one.

Last edited by CaptainRon : Yesterday at 02:31 PM.
CaptainRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #785
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
Yeah, there's an option for deterministic crafting instead of pure rng crafting.

For example if you find a really nice chest but it doesn't have a life roll you can pay a couple chaos to get a 4th or 3rd tier life roll on it. 150 fusings and you can force 5 link your item. Stuff like that.

You encounter masters in instances and once you find them once you can do daily missions to level them up/when you find them in an instance. As you level them up you get access to better vendor items and unique affixes for items (for example level 1 blood magic for a 7 link rare). You can get a map device for a free quantity bonus in your hideout, position your vendors/stash so they are closer to the waypoint and map device compared to using town like before, etc etc. Just quality of life additions and ways to spice up builds and gearing.

There's also been a lot of skill and tree balancing. You get a lot more flat life per level now and there are less life nodes on the tree. This means % life is more important to getting a respectable life pool. Life on gear is slightly less vital to have in the early endgame now and items like the Belly of the Beast are borderline Kaoms tier now.

It's basically just a really big update in terms of making the game more intuitive and easier to get into the endgame.

I believe I am going to play a fire trap proliferating burn templar with flame surge for single target. launch is at 6est today and I believe you have two hours to update the client before the launch. If you decide to play add 'fallingthroughfields' (my account name) or 'adubs' (CaptainRon's). We have a UG guild with some extra stash space and group chat. Unless you are in a guild or something, I dunno.

I stopped playing before they even introduced guilds bro.

Anyways I struggle with Normal Merveil, so don't count with me for runs or farming or shit lol
gonzaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #786
SteveHouse

i know mom as mask of madness what is it again?

downloadan shortly, i'll be on within the hour

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #787
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
i know mom as mask of madness what is it again?

Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #788
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

ok, I'll try this stuff again...

....so what do I do? lol.
I always start some random class with random skills/weapons and never get past Act 2 Cruel (and I get there only with a lot of luck). My best was Act 3 Cruel with a lvl 54 Ranger, but then some dude hacked my account and stole all my shit....though he left my Ranger at lvl 60 (so.....thanks I guess).

So, either it's the usual "Ground Slam Maury", or a FP Shadow, or a ranged Ranger. That's as much as my build capabilities go lol

EDIT: My problem is either:

1)Planning for "end game", trying to plan your build for the super awesome unique items, skill gems, and super combos, but you never get any shit while you level up so you get stuck in Act 3 Normal.

2)Trying to plan "as you go", with the items that you loot and stuff, but then you reach Cruel and you find a deadend

So yeah, this game too hard for me

Last edited by gonzaw : Yesterday at 10:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #789
SteveHouse

cmon gonz you know that's not true. this game is made specifically for people who overthink everything. maybe try reading a few different builds, not to use them, but to learn what goes into a solid build. a lot of times you don't even start using your endgame stuff until you're well into Merciless, but you get there with the first gem to drop. you know? shit like that. just have a poke around the forums' most popular builds and see what their thought process is.

this new expansion is pretty cool. i'm having fun with it but i don't think ill be back tonight because i also want to try getting the UT pre-alpha installed.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #790
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
cmon gonz you know that's not true. this game is made specifically for people who overthink everything. maybe try reading a few different builds, not to use them, but to learn what goes into a solid build. a lot of times you don't even start using your endgame stuff until you're well into Merciless, but you get there with the first gem to drop. you know? shit like that. just have a poke around the forums' most popular builds and see what their thought process is.

this new expansion is pretty cool. i'm having fun with it but i don't think ill be back tonight because i also want to try getting the UT pre-alpha installed.

Every "solid" build uses stuff I never ever get. Either it's stuff like a special gem that gets dropped in level 50 by character X (which is a pain in the ass since I have to stop using my own character, and level up another one just to get the gem), or it's stuff that forces you to trade with people, which I hate (once I spent 2 weeks to trade something for 1 Orb of Alchemy that got useless 10 days later).

I always end up with underleveled gear with useless stats with no useful skill gems randomly farming until I get bored
RNG is not for me

EDIT: Anyways....yeah kind of stuck lol. Dunno really how to start now. Was going to go with Scion, but then saw her passive tree and realized I have no idea wtf to do there. I'll choose physical Ranger again (with Iron Reflexes), and then see what else. Maybe I get a cool gem or something to try another one.

Last edited by gonzaw : Today at 12:06 PM.
Old Today, 04:28 PM   #791
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

If you want a build you can progress easily with and gear with the currency you make from just playing the game to end-game and not wasting orbs I can show you the exact build I'm using in rampage.

It's a fire trap proliferating burn templar. You level with searing bond because it does absurd damage with little investment until around level 65-70. Then you have made enough currency to buy a searing touch and switch to fire trap. The burn from fire trap has insane clear speed/aoe because it proliferates to packs you don't even see yet and starts killing them. It was the first build I ever got past 60 (made it to 78) and that was with a horrible tree because I got screwed up when they reset the passive tree last league.

A guy with a similar concept got to level 100 on invasion, which was the last hardcore temporary league.

https://poebuilder.com/builds/falli...re-trap-templar

The endurance charge and skill duration nodes can be skipped for extra life, dps, or whatever you decide. It's an endgame decision to get a decent immortal call up I'm going to try. My gems and stuff should be in that link.

You can always buy the gems for as cheap as a fusing or alch if you are missing some.

Rate This Thread: