User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #6921
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
Ah, actually good timing VG, do you know anything that sounds like this album?

I quite like these synths drowned in shoegaze production with some intense beats going over them (actually would prefer more primal drums).

I see what you are asking for, but I honestly don't have experience with this sort of sound. I actually could dig the shoegaze synthy stuff in here though, but I can't say this is my cup of tea.

You want Synthy shoegaze-ish stuff though?
Coldbody Radiation - The Longest Shadow Ever Cast

On that topic though, that song DID make me want to throw some random shite your way... Like this

Hmm, you familiar with God Is An Astronaut - The End of the Beginning?
Or Lavra - Bluenothing?
Also Sean McCann -Phylum Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
Give me the Rudimentary Peni "Death Church" of metal.

Knowing you, you have just as large, if not greater, pool of knowledge of this stuff to draw from. Check out the 'Killed By Deathrock' compilation and...

Lurking Corpse
The Vladimirs

for funsies.
Iím not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural
It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
VampireGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #6922
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireGoldfish
I see what you are asking for, but I honestly don't have experience with this sort of sound. I actually could dig the shoegaze synthy stuff in here though, but I can't say this is my cup of tea.

You want Synthy shoegaze-ish stuff though?
Coldbody Radiation - The Longest Shadow Ever Cast

On that topic though, that song DID make me want to throw some random shite your way... Like this

Hmm, you familiar with God Is An Astronaut - The End of the Beginning?
Or Lavra - Bluenothing?
Also Sean McCann -Phylum Sigh

familiar with God is an Astronaut, and Lisa was a killer game. Sequel's coming out soon I think. Will acquaint myself with the stuff in this post though.

su nioJ
su nioJ
su nioJ

Welcome back!
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #6923
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Some good shoegaze just off the top of my head. Don't know if it will be exactly what you want.

Bethany Curve - Skies a Crossed Sky
Malory - Not Here Not Now
Air Formation
Ceremony - Rocket Fire
Old 07-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #6924
Born Headless

Quote:
Somebody ask me for recommendations. I got nostalgically stoned and I'm in a mood to shove music down your aching throats.

I have a simple request albeit incredibly vague. Recommend me something unique. Something you're a big fan of but haven't whored out on this forum. Doesn't have to be metal. Big fan of Lavra, Yoga, Semilanceata, Zeni Geva, Death Grips, Anubi, and a lot of the other weird shit I've discovered here. Bonus points if it's engaging, visceral music as opposed to the the atmospheric style I know you're big on.
Born Headless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:38 PM   #6925
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Headless
I have a simple request albeit incredibly vague. Recommend me something unique. Something you're a big fan of but haven't whored out on this forum. Doesn't have to be metal. Big fan of Lavra, Yoga, Semilanceata, Zeni Geva, Death Grips, Anubi, and a lot of the other weird shit I've discovered here. Bonus points if it's engaging, visceral music as opposed to the the atmospheric style I know you're big on.

Alright.

Quote:
Recommend me something unique. Something you're a big fan of but haven't whored out on this forum.

Wilhelm Gustloff - A Challenge of Honour
Nature and Organization - Beauty Reaps the Blood of Solitude

Quote:
Bonus points if it's engaging, visceral music

Svartidaudi
White Mice - Ganjahovadose
Thought Industry - Mods Carve the Pig: Assassins, Toads and God's Flesh
Foot Village - Anti-Magic
Nagelfar - Srontgorrth
Windham Hell - Reflective Depths Imbibe
an unenlightened one
Old Yesterday, 01:47 AM   #6926
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Quote:
Knowing you, you have just as large, if not greater, pool of knowledge of this stuff to draw from. Check out the 'Killed By Deathrock' compilation and...

Lurking Corpse
The Vladimirs

for funsies.

Stop, you'll make me blush. Haven't heard Lurking Corpse, listening now hombre, muchos gracias.
Your gratitude shown in my death

Cult of Fire's ČtvrtŠ Symfonie Ohně is a swell album.
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:02 AM   #6927
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Quote:

Didn't know you listened to Thought Industry. Blind-bought Songs for Insects at a local record store a couple months ago. Quite an act. The Salvador Dali artwork was what caught my eye initially.
Old Yesterday, 02:37 AM   #6928
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

It's on my list of records that "On paper I hate, but the audio format is pretty swank."
an unenlightened one
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #6929
Born Headless

Quote:
Alright.

Wilhelm Gustloff - A Challenge of Honour
Nature and Organization - Beauty Reaps the Blood of Solitude
Svartidaudi
White Mice - Ganjahovadose
Foot Village - Anti-Magic
Nagelfar - Srontgorrth
Windham Hell - Reflective Depths Imbibe

You're the shit VG! This is a lot of material to wade through but I skimmed through it and here is my initial impression:

A Challenge of Honour - Getting a strong Sol Invictus vibe from the track I listened to which is never a bad thing. Somber neo-folk and it even has the monotone vocals with the English accent. Not in the mood for this sort of thing at the moment but I'll definitely be revisiting it.

Nature and Organisation - Again, not in the mood but... beautiful. Sounds like the score to a great film. Did some research and apparently it's the guy from Current 93 who I am vaguely familiar with; I can definitely hear similarities. Added to my list.

Svartidaudi - Nice! This is more what I was after. Despite being the most orthodox of the list, these guys have definitely found their own niche in black metal. I like how they manage to still write engaging music despite the emphasis on atmosphere. Best of both worlds.

White Mice - Already familiar from that thread you made on 'em way back when. They're interesting to say the least. I really enjoyed a few choice tracks but as a whole they don't do much for me. I downloaded Ganjahovahdose the first go around but even after multiple listens it never clicked. I like their noisier tracks as opposed to their spastic ones. I get what they're going for but eh...

Thought Industry - I don't even... Maybe they grow on you haha? Not my thing though I admit it's way out of my element. It sounds like an extreme Primus haha. I guess the songwriting is solid enough and it's definitely unique but... No.

Foot Village - Mixed emotions. I love the concept. The stripped down, raw, primal thing with ritualistic drumming and chants but it's a little too... goofy for my tastes? I hate the vocals/lyrics and their light-hearted, silly approach. Not sure what to make of it.

Nagelfar - Well, I THOUGHT I knew this band already but apparently there is Naglfar and then there is Nagelfar. You had me at Meilenwald. Had no idea he was involved with anything prior to Ruins. I've only listened to a couple tracks but I'm really enjoying it. Best rec yet (along with the first two whenever I get ready).

Windham Hell - I've heard you mention these guys before. Interesting concept but final product never did much for me... Nothing has changed.

So yeah, points for A Challenge of Honour, Nature and Organisation, Svartidaudi, and Nagelfar (and half a point for Foot Village... maybe they'll click). Anyways, thanks! It'll take me a while to check all this out but I'll be sure to let you know what I think after repeat listens.
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #6930
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Yeah I enjoy spitballing albums and seeing what sticks. I knew Challenge/Nature/Foot/Thought weren't exactly asked for, but it's in my nature.

Nagelfar is 10x better than the other.

Do you have a physical collection, digital, or both Born? I wanna throw more Metal recs your way but we make it easier if you gave me a list of your collection. For now; Nadra and Misthyrming are two other recent explosions in Iceland that you may dig.

Random Swedish BM that has a strange tinge of uniqueness to it? NŚstrond - Toteslaut

You want a random kick ass demo to listen to? Emblamed Souls - Six Rites of Possession

Church Bizarre - Sinister Glorification has wicked riffs. Almost reminds me of Arghoslent at times, with 'bouncy' Heavy Metal inspired stuff.
an unenlightened one

Last edited by VampireGoldfish : Yesterday at 08:13 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #6931
Born Headless

It's a mix. I have about forty or so records, about the same for CDs, and a handful of cassettes. The bulk of the music I listen to is digital though due to financial constraints (read as broke ass nigga syndrome). I stole Embalmed Souls from you years ago. One of my favorites! Not familiar with the rest but I'll be sure to check 'em out. I'd like to give you some parameters as to what I'm looking for but the truth of the matter is there are none. Well, minus what I mentioned earlier. I'm not really in the mood for anything too dense or hard to get into. Looking for something to blast in the car or run to that I haven't heard. Obviously I'm wanting another top shelf band instead of some mediocre band that does the job but isn't all that.

EDIT: And Church Bizarre may be that band haha.

Last edited by Born Headless : Yesterday at 09:39 PM.

Rate This Thread: