User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #21
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addonexus408
Well the depth of the low end is prominent without being overbearing. There is a mid peak i noticed at around 800-1.6k that provided all of the glassy bell-like tone that i would ever need in my cleans personally. The overall tone i would describe in the liquifire was depth with a nice blossom in the upper mids and the high end freqs are very smooth and articulate. If you do end up getting it, you should provide some clips of the cleans through a 5150.

Cool man thanks. I'll probably end up going with one, it's just a matter of when, but I'll definitely be posting up some sound clips of it when I do!

I'm going to try and put up a video today on my YouTube account of this guitar, whether it be a cover of a song or a run through, so I'll keep you guys posted. I've already been pretty surprised at the difference tonally that the CL has between my mahogany S and this basswood RG. I actually think I like the CL's bar towards the bridge a little bit more.
Peavey 5150 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube

Last edited by Krauser : 03-20-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Krauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #22
Wirsteve
I'm bald.

Very nice brotha! Call in sick and rip that thing to shreds all day!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #23
I K0nijn I

Love the finish on that!
Not a fan of the pickup cover, though. HNGD!
I K0nijn I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #24
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender

Quote:
Originally Posted by I K0nijn I
Love the finish on that!
Not a fan of the pickup cover, though. HNGD!

Yeah it was weird to me at first too. I still don't understand what possessed the previous owner to drop a bright blue pickup into a black guitar with red accents. It doesn't exactly "match" but it's quirky and it's been growing on me a lot.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #25
Addonexus408
Bay Area Thrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauser
Cool man thanks. I'll probably end up going with one, it's just a matter of when, but I'll definitely be posting up some sound clips of it when I do!

I'm going to try and put up a video today on my YouTube account of this guitar, whether it be a cover of a song or a run through, so I'll keep you guys posted. I've already been pretty surprised at the difference tonally that the CL has between my mahogany S and this basswood RG. I actually think I like the CL's bar towards the bridge a little bit more.

Right on man, sub'd your youtube channel btw sweet playing
My band
Addonexus
Addonexus408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #26
kumamilesbear
UG's Ninjobo

That blue bridge pup <3
Everything about this is orgasmic.
Happy NGD
Peavey XXX 212

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
LePou Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses

ninjobo of the bass militia
PM Nutter_101 to join
kumamilesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #27
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Dude $699!? How the f did they sell it for that, that's what 1570s go for stock used! Congrats, that's a sick buy
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #28
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addonexus408
Right on man, sub'd your youtube channel btw sweet playing

Awesome man, thanks a bunch! Though I had to take down a couple videos (namely covers of In Due Time, Reject Yourself, and World Ablaze by Killswitch) because of copyright nonsense but it's whatever. I still have the files locally and I'm going to start focusing on more original stuff on that channel as opposed to covers anyway. But thanks again for the sub! It means a lot man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
Dude $699!? How the f did they sell it for that, that's what 1570s go for stock used! Congrats, that's a sick buy

I don't know either... and the thing was brand new too, at least condition wise. Not a single mark or scratch other than the usual clear coat swirls. It was pristine and I just had to jump on it.

Also, I put up a video on my channel of a quick playthrough with it just to give you an idea of it. It's nothing super in depth (it's not mic'd or anything fancy, just recorded with my iPhone) but it gets the general feel and sound across. Mostly though, it's just an excuse to mess around with it on camera and blatantly show it off to the world

Last edited by Krauser : 03-21-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #29
UnmagicMushroom
Banded

awesome

UnmagicMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #30
J_W

Welcome to the club, I love my RGR1570. I have not touched any of my other 4 guitars since I got mine over 6 months ago.
J_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #31
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_W
Welcome to the club, I love my RGR1570. I have not touched any of my other 4 guitars since I got mine over 6 months ago.

I actually kind of feel bad because I've been playing this nonstop since I picked it up and it feels like I'm neglecting a child or something by not playing my S Prestige but yeah, I can definitely see why. This particular one plays better than many of the more expensive prestige models I've tried. And the edge pro is great. I'm not big into utilizing floating trems (I get guitars with floyd style bridges because I love the double locking and fine tuning they give you when they're blocked and also love how low profile they are) but I messed with it and it stays in tune under use excellently and the design of the fine tuners and saddles are even comfier than the ZR on my S2170FB.

Also, a little more off topic, but could anyone recommend a good polish for guitars? I'm just looking for something to get a nice shine on the guitar and, more importantly, to get those really light abrasion scratches that show up under certain lighting conditions out of the clear coat. I want to clean up my 2 other RG's that I'm going to be selling as I don't really have a need for them anymore and I might as well clean up this RG1570 while I'm at it (it's got light pick abrasion marks by the pick guard area if it had one).

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that the rail and pole pieces on my CL are chrome, whereas everything I can find for the blue Crunch Labs have them black. Odd... unless it's not a CL and a D Sonic... can anyone confirm before I take it out and check? I don't really care either way because it sounds incredible, but it might explain why it has been so different tonally

Last edited by Krauser : 03-22-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #32
J_W

Meguiars Scratch X is what I use on my guitars. It's a car polish, it works great for any glossy finish and even gets rid of tiny scratches.

About the Trem on the 1570, I am so used to the bridge on mine now that a TOM style bridge feels really weird to me. I am about to sell off some other guitars and get a second prestige, this time a hard tail though.
J_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #33
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_W
Meguiars Scratch X is what I use on my guitars. It's a car polish, it works great for any glossy finish and even gets rid of tiny scratches.

About the Trem on the 1570, I am so used to the bridge on mine now that a TOM style bridge feels really weird to me. I am about to sell off some other guitars and get a second prestige, this time a hard tail though.

Do you just polish the entire guitar with it or do you just get the areas you want the slight abrasions to be removed? And yeah I just don't even bother with TOM style bridges. I can jus never feel comfortable with them and I hate the angle the necks are often at because of them. I'd prefer hard tails almost unanimously but I love the fine tuners.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #34
randywolf244
resident arrogant

Sweet man really sick Axe. Could do without that speedloader though lol better stock up on strings
randywolf244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #35
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywolf244
Sweet man really sick Axe. Could do without that speedloader though lol better stock up on strings

It's not a speedloader, just a regular old Ibanez Edge Pro. But thanks man!

Last edited by Krauser : 03-23-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Rate This Thread: