Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Lax333

Its Time For Me to Fly- REO Speedwagon (HELP)

Hey I really wanna play this song but all the tabs I cant find are completely wrong. DGAG

Anyone have a better suggestion? I'm pretty sure theres a capo also.
Lax333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
wopper714

I have seen it with open D tuning of DADF#AD. The first strums are the open D and then it moves up to the 5th fret with the first finger on the 6th string laying down to mute the 5th string. The second finger on the 5th fret of the 4th string and the third finger on the 5th fret of the 3rd string. The 2nd and 1st strings ring open. Then that same shape moves up to the 7th fret. I have tried it out and it sounds closer to me, but i am just beginning and do not have a good ear. Try it and see for yourself.

Good luck.

If you have any ideas on Blazin' Your Own Trail Again, I would love to hear them. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now and I get close, but I am not too confident on my abilities.

W714
wopper714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #3
crmrz

Yes, it's open D tuning and these are the chords that start the song...he plays them with his thumb, covering the last 4 strings...I'm not writing any strumming..if I'm not mistaken he plays these 3 chords throughout the song..

INTRO:
D G A G
D|------0---------0-------0---------0--------------|
A|------0---------0-------0---------0---------------|
F#|----0---------5-------7---------5---------------|
D|------0---------5-------7---------5---------------| (2)
A|------0---------5-------7---------5---------------|
D|------0---------5-------7---------5---------------|

VERSE:
D A G D G D
D|------0---------0-------0---------0-----0-----0------------------------------------|
A|------0---------0-------0---------0-----0-----0---------------------------------|
F#|----0---------7-------5---------0-----5-----0------------------------------------|
D|------0---------7-------5---------0-----5-----0----------------------------------|
A|------0---------7-------5---------0-----5-----0---------------------------------|
D|------0---------7-------5---------0-----5----0-----------------------------------|

Last edited by crmrz : 05-21-2008 at 12:57 AM.
crmrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
skilly1

i posted a very similar question about this song a while ago and no one responded, i new it wasnt in standard tuning but i only know drop d tuning which it wasnt,
i'll have ago at this one later
thanks
skilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
gproud

Actually, it's played in E with the guitar tuned down a full step. And the A and B are played as sus4's, don't finger the b string.

Other than that, 3 chords and the truth.
gproud is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: