Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-16-2014, 06:18 AM   #1701
Ignite
   

no problem.

well i just got screwed over bad.
The glass on my S3 was cracked in a few places, so I bought a replacement glass front off ebay and took it to a tech to replace it.

Digitizer quit working. Screen comes on but there's no touch response at all. Soft buttons work though. He called his boss and she said because I had rooted it and put custom firmware on it, it might be a "software conflict" and they're not liable.

which is complete bullshit. I've been trying my hardest to flash it back to stock, but there is no flashable stock 4.4 image, just an OTA. And once on Kitkat, you can't downgrade back to jellybean because of the bootloader or some shit idk.

I'm so pissed off.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:23 AM   #1702
EndTheRapture51
#madbantz

Moonshine is gross, use Voxel for ultimate looks.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #1703
Andrea55
Assassin

Sounds terrible ignite. Good luck.

I got the Up icons but I'll probably change it to something else. I'm pretty happy with it for now.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #1704
chaoticfables
Uesgistered Rser

Screw you all moonshine rocks. Original Galaxy Note running CM10.2

By the way, that's 10% battery after I charged it overnight and left it off the charger for about 2 hours. Jesus.

tanlumits
a hip-hop project
soundcloud
youtube
chaoticfables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #1705
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

So Best Buy prematurely put up a page for the Moto 360 pricing it at $250. Anyone on here interested in getting one? I'd consider it for that price.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:33 AM   #1706
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Andrea55... Another thing you can do is download "Lightning Launcher"..it takes a while to learn, but you can do a hell of a load of things.

This is what I've done so far on my Xperia SP:

Still a couple of little modifications to do, it's extremely customizable.

That panel on the side has the app drawer, dolphin browser and two folders, one for media and one for photography. And the writing opens phone and message apps.

Also, it doesn't have various homescreens, it has one huge one that you can Swype up, down or to the sides, or zoom in and out.

So on the right I have various widgets, if I swype down I have n7 player widget, etc 😊

"Does a fish have a watertight asshole?"
"...You a very wise"

Last edited by Krieger91 : 08-18-2014 at 05:35 AM.
Krieger91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:34 AM   #1707
chaoticfables
Uesgistered Rser

I'm running my new Moto G with Nova Launcher. I love it. 4.4.4 is awesome and I'm amazed with how smooth everything is.

tanlumits
a hip-hop project
soundcloud
youtube
Old 08-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #1708
jazz_rock_feel
Micropolyphoner

So The my phone has an ota update, but I'm rooted (still running the stock Rom). The update will break root right? Is it better to unroot, update and then reroot or can I just let the update break root and then redo it? Also it doesn't affect the bootloader right?

Soundcloud. Look at it. Or don't.
jazz_rock_feel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #1709
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_rock_feel
So The my phone has an ota update, but I'm rooted (still running the stock Rom). The update will break root right? Is it better to unroot, update and then reroot or can I just let the update break root and then redo it? Also it doesn't affect the bootloader right?

I imagine it will break root. I don't think you have to unroot before the update. Should work fine. It would probably be safest to check the OnePlus forums though. That update is awesome though. Improves a lot of issues.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #1710
jazz_rock_feel
Micropolyphoner

Yuck, they took away the ability to hide apps in the app drawer. There's actually nothing in this update that I care about.

EDIT: Except for changing the grid size on the home screen. I can't believe they didn't always have that.

Last edited by jazz_rock_feel : 08-18-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #1711
CrimsonBizzare
spelt bizarre incorrectly

Just got an S5, first smartphone. Haven't done anything with it yet.
Qs:
What are the dis/advantages to replacing the default launcher?
Also best keyboard? Fleksy seems cool but I'd rather not spend cash monies on it.
CrimsonBizzare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #1712
Andrea55
Assassin

Thanks Krieger!

CrimsonBizzare I use SwiftKey but I got it free off Amazon using Amazon coins.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #1713
chaoticfables
Uesgistered Rser

Launchers give you greater flexibility in customising icons and home screens. Can add some smoothness, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea55
CrimsonBizzare I use SwiftKey but I got it free off Amazon using Amazon coins.

Swiftkey is free now I got in when it still cost like $4, I've been using it ever since. I love everything about it except its design. The themes are atrocious but I think its predictions and swype functions are much better than Google's. Android L keyboard looks great but I personally find it iffy.

tanlumits
a hip-hop project
soundcloud
youtube
Old 08-19-2014, 12:19 AM   #1714
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_rock_feel
Yuck, they took away the ability to hide apps in the app drawer. There's actually nothing in this update that I care about.

EDIT: Except for changing the grid size on the home screen. I can't believe they didn't always have that.

I'm getting a lot less app crashes, the new mode on the camera is good, and the gesture controls aren't borked anymore
Old 08-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #1715
jazz_rock_feel
Micropolyphoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
I'm getting a lot less app crashes, the new mode on the camera is good, and the gesture controls aren't borked anymore

I can't tell what the new camera mode does, it looks the same as auto. Maybe I'm just not using it the right way. The proximity sensor for the gestures are nice though.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:37 AM   #1716
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBizzare
Just got an S5, first smartphone. Haven't done anything with it yet.
Qs:
What are the dis/advantages to replacing the default launcher?
Also best keyboard? Fleksy seems cool but I'd rather not spend cash monies on it.

The advantages of changing default launcher are: first and most important, you can customize the home screen, and app drawer, much more than you can with the default launcher..this incudes changing icons, transition effects whe swyping, and other things. Depending on the phone, an alternative launcher can actually make the phone go faster and more smoothly.

The only disadvantage I can think of is..well, you can't use the default widgets with an alternative launcher...which I found to be a bit of a bummer on mine because Xperia has some really nice widgets. (The walkman widgets..if I want a music widget, I need a seperate app..the photo gallery widget, which was nice, Xperia clock widget, weather widget, etc) but they can be replaced.

In regards to keyboards, I've tried a lot of them, and I've found myself better with Touchpal than the others. It's prediction ability is almost as good as Swiftkey (though Swiftkey still takes the cake) but, on top of that, I find I prefer Touchpals interface and functions, for example swype up on the top row for numbers, swype down on bottom row for alternative characters, swype left from the delete key to delete word.

Also, Touchpals swype to type feature works better than Swiftkey's "Flow". And the innovative idea of swyping from the letter to the space key for the predicted word is useful.

Swype's flow still has a long way to go. It could start by giving you a choice of words, instead of just the one it thinks it is.

KII is also quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea55
Thanks Krieger!

S'alright!

"Does a fish have a watertight asshole?"
"...You a very wise"
Krieger91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:24 AM   #1717
Ignite
   

Got a great deal on a Moto X. $179 on eBay with a bunch of accessories. Not too long ago they went on sale from $350 to $300 and I almost got one then!

Specs are almost identical to the Nexus 4. But it's overall a better phone. 4.25 hours of screen-on time at 16% battery. That's better than any phone I've ever owned. And I've had a lot of apps running plus WiFi and location on.

Super stoked and I'm really enjoying it.

Rate This Thread: