Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Tpiz

Learning to sing

Hello. I would really love to be able sing and am contemplating getting lessons as I have no idea where to start learning. I would like to be able to sing Jimi Hendrix and bob Marley songs. I have a terrible voice I cannot sing at all. Would it be possible to reach my goal? Also you think I would see quick results if I did get a tutor?
Tpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
PSimonR
PSR

Suggest you try to find someone who specializes in teaching newbies rather than someone who trains opera singers. :-)

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/lgbt/
PSimonR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
kcmoon5150
UG's Kris

Sing with your back
Old 02-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
HotspurJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpiz
Hello. I would really love to be able sing and am contemplating getting lessons as I have no idea where to start learning. I would like to be able to sing Jimi Hendrix and bob Marley songs. I have a terrible voice I cannot sing at all. Would it be possible to reach my goal? Also you think I would see quick results if I did get a tutor?

Without having heard you sing, I have no idea of what's possible for you specifically, but neither Hendrix nor Marley are technically great singers - nothing they're doing is, in my opinion, beyond the potential of most normal people with hard work.

Yes, a singing teaching will probably make a huge difference. I strongly recommend it.
HotspurJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: