Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #19001
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Still can't Bench 205lbs 5x5, failed 5th rep second set, deload to 185lbs and then 195lbs 2x5 for an average of 197lbs 5x5. Moved Squat 5x5 to 195lbs fairly easily, OHP to 105lbs.

Going to get on some O.N Creatine and eat like a motherfucker these next few weeks, while sleeping as much as I can. Going to try and get 120-150g of protein a day from powder alone and hit 4000 calories a day. I don't care about the fat gain, I just want to break these plateaus and hit my goals before I go on my cut.

Speaking of which, should I take creatine during a cut? Monohydrate so I'd be loading 15g/day for the first week, and then move on to 5g/day after loading.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #19002
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
To my knowledge, creatine isn't gonna affect your fat in any way, but it might add a little water weight as you retain more. And for the record, a loading week makes no difference whatsoever, you may as well just save yourself 10g a day for the first week, and have more left over before you need to order more.
__________________

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM   #19003
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Got mah Bronkaid, got mah caffeine, got asprin. Shit's about to get real tomorrow.

Last edited by TheChaz : Yesterday at 08:34 PM.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:15 AM   #19004
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
 
N_J_B_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Australia
back in da gym wit NJBB

**** out da whey

**** out da wheeeeyyyyy

Found a new gym that's $5 cheaper monthly and has free access to bball courts and group classes (might do yoga/pilates for flexibility).

Keen as a bean
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:29 AM   #19005
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
^ Hey Nick, been a while since I've seen you post. Both you and Cody showing up in the same thread, not too far apart... makes me wish GTA:V had heists now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
Got mah Brokaid, got mah caffeine, got asprin. Shit's about to get real tomorrow.

I presume you already know, but...

"Adverse effects of ephedra consumption may include severe skin reactions, irritability, nervousness, dizziness, trembling, headache, insomnia, profuse perspiration, dehydration, itchy scalp and skin, vomiting, and hyperthermia. More serious potential side effects include irregular heartbeat, seizures, heart attack, stroke, and death."

and

"A 2003 meta-analysis of all available studies and case reports concluded that "ephedrine- and ephedra-containing dietary supplements [...] have harms in terms of a 2- to 3-fold increase in psychiatric symptoms, autonomic symptoms, upper gastrointestinal symptoms, and heart palpitations. More serious adverse effects from ephedra use cannot be excluded at a rate less than 1.0 per thousand, and case reports raise the possibility that a causal relationship with serious adverse events may exist."[6] A more recent (2008) case-crossover study that focused on the alleged cardiovascular risks concluded that "prescription of an ephedrine/caffeine product was not associated with adverse cardiovascular outcomes. This was found across a wide range of patient subgroups, different cardiovascular outcomes, different assumptions about exposure, and different utilization patterns. "[9]
However, when an ephedra supplement company, Metabolife, in the USA was forced to release adverse event reports, cardiac and psychological reports were recorded in healthy young people at normal dosages"



Doesn't sound like anything I'd wanna mess with, especially when you mentioned increasing chances with a girl was one of the reasons you mentioned - be more confident in yourself, not thinking a better-looking* body will make women like you more. Not trying to lecture you, and it's your body, but I think this is beyond the norm of stuff people put in their bodies

*A lot of women don't even like the 'gladiator'/bodybuilder look.
__________________

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 AM   #19006
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
^ Hey Nick, been a while since I've seen you post. Both you and Cody showing up in the same thread, not too far apart... makes me wish GTA:V had heists now


I presume you already know, but...

"Adverse effects of ephedra consumption may include severe skin reactions, irritability, nervousness, dizziness, trembling, headache, insomnia, profuse perspiration, dehydration, itchy scalp and skin, vomiting, and hyperthermia. More serious potential side effects include irregular heartbeat, seizures, heart attack, stroke, and death."

and

"A 2003 meta-analysis of all available studies and case reports concluded that "ephedrine- and ephedra-containing dietary supplements [...] have harms in terms of a 2- to 3-fold increase in psychiatric symptoms, autonomic symptoms, upper gastrointestinal symptoms, and heart palpitations. More serious adverse effects from ephedra use cannot be excluded at a rate less than 1.0 per thousand, and case reports raise the possibility that a causal relationship with serious adverse events may exist."[6] A more recent (2008) case-crossover study that focused on the alleged cardiovascular risks concluded that "prescription of an ephedrine/caffeine product was not associated with adverse cardiovascular outcomes. This was found across a wide range of patient subgroups, different cardiovascular outcomes, different assumptions about exposure, and different utilization patterns. "[9]
However, when an ephedra supplement company, Metabolife, in the USA was forced to release adverse event reports, cardiac and psychological reports were recorded in healthy young people at normal dosages"



Doesn't sound like anything I'd wanna mess with, especially when you mentioned increasing chances with a girl was one of the reasons you mentioned - be more confident in yourself, not thinking a better-looking* body will make women like you more. Not trying to lecture you, and it's your body, but I think this is beyond the norm of stuff people put in their bodies

*A lot of women don't even like the 'gladiator'/bodybuilder look.

The girl's not really even a big reason. I had actually already ordered the stuff before I found out about this trip, and just moved up my planned timeline for using it. And yeah, if I die or something I'll make sure to stop, but the way I see it, everything kills you now anyway. If I'm gonna die, I might as well die shredded as fuark.*






*Don't do drugs kids.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM   #19007
CrazyMatt
UG's Mr.Hyde
 
CrazyMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: soooo out there
^

I think Goliath has a point though.

with a body like yours you're already in the 0.5-0.01 percentage bodywise anyway.
no need to fret over ways to get even more shredded man
practically no one will notice the difference.. and it feels good to just go "nah, I'm okay the way I am" once in a while.

if you actually feel comfortable in your skin you're gonna be 10x more attractive to the opposite sex, no matter how you look. and you'd have the added bonus of being a shredded **** already
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
CrazyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #19008
TSmitty6
In the traphouse
 
TSmitty6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: L-o-c-a-t-o-i-n. Location. *ding*
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_J_B_B
back in da gym wit NJBB

**** out da whey

**** out da wheeeeyyyyy

Found a new gym that's $5 cheaper monthly and has free access to bball courts and group classes (might do yoga/pilates for flexibility).

Keen as a bean



Dem gaaiiiinnnnnzzzzz. All kindddzzzzzzz.
__________________
113-78 NFL Thread Pick Em.
TSmitty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #19009
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
To my knowledge, creatine isn't gonna affect your fat in any way, but it might add a little water weight as you retain more. And for the record, a loading week makes no difference whatsoever, you may as well just save yourself 10g a day for the first week, and have more left over before you need to order more.


Was more concerned about me upping my caloric and protein intake even more than the creatine. That's good to know about the loading, I'll just start with 5g a day then. And I take this everyday, correct?

Quote:
And yeah, if I die or something I'll make sure to stop, but the way I see it, everything kills you now anyway. If I'm gonna die, I might as well die shredded as fuark.*


ROFL

What's your current BF% anyway?
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #19010
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
Was more concerned about me upping my caloric and protein intake even more than the creatine. That's good to know about the loading, I'll just start with 5g a day then. And I take this everyday, correct?

Yep, for 8 weeks to a few months, then some people recommend you have a week or two break (essentially, cycling it). Up to you whether you do or not, I tend to because I'm a hypochondriac and would rather be safe than sorry, but I imagine a lot of people don't bother. I guess it gives you a regular chance to assess whether it's making a difference to your workouts though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMatt
I think Goliath has a point though.

with a body like yours you're already in the 0.5-0.01 percentage bodywise anyway.
no need to fret over ways to get even more shredded man
practically no one will notice the difference.. and it feels good to just go "nah, I'm okay the way I am" once in a while.

if you actually feel comfortable in your skin you're gonna be 10x more attractive to the opposite sex, no matter how you look. and you'd have the added bonus of being a shredded **** already

That's kinda what I was getting at - he's already posted pics that show he has a very low body fat % and is a big guy, so I don't think taking ephedrine is gonna suddenly make a huge transformation that is the deal breaker for any woman.

Then again, I probably shouldn't have pressured him as much in that post as it's his choice so whatevs
__________________

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #19011
angusfan16
butts
 
angusfan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kensucky
Welp, totally didnt rest this week like I planned to. Taking it easy on the weights though and will take off all next week. Had a good workout though, mental wise anyway
__________________
Tool
is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by indierockker102
angusfan suck on your dads dick you ****ing shit head

Last edited by angusfan16 : Yesterday at 05:50 PM.
angusfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #19012
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath

That's kinda what I was getting at - he's already posted pics that show he has a very low body fat % and is a big guy, so I don't think taking ephedrine is gonna suddenly make a huge transformation that is the deal breaker for any woman.

Then again, I probably shouldn't have pressured him as much in that post as it's his choice so whatevs

I've put on some fat since my last pictures. I kinda pigged out, drank, and generally did whatever the hell I wanted over the summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal

ROFL

What's your current BF% anyway?

Couldn't tell you accurately, since all I have are some cheap calipers, but I'd guess I'm around 10-12% right now.


Anyway, I started out today on a half dose of Ephedrine, full dose of caffeine, and I didn't feel a damn thing. Almost fell asleep about 30 minutes after taking it. I'll probably do one more day of the half dose, then move up to the full dose.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #19013
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
I've put on some fat since my last pictures. I kinda pigged out, drank, and generally did whatever the hell I wanted over the summer


Couldn't tell you accurately, since all I have are some cheap calipers, but I'd guess I'm around 10-12% right now.


Anyway, I started out today on a half dose of Ephedrine, full dose of caffeine, and I didn't feel a damn thing. Almost fell asleep about 30 minutes after taking it. I'll probably do one more day of the half dose, then move up to the full dose.


I thought abs were visible at like 12%?

Whats your source of Ephedrine? If it contains guaifenesin that can cause muscle fatigue.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #19014
TSmitty6
In the traphouse
 
TSmitty6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: L-o-c-a-t-o-i-n. Location. *ding*
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EP...0432440-9559545


Got this on clearance for $10. I was like meh, 10 bucks whatever now I can keep one in the car.


Pour 1/2 scoop into 12oz water. Mm mm, tastes pretty goo...wait...that smell, that tingle...my mouth. Then I rush to the sink to rinse out my mouth, I can feel the powder eating the insides of my cheeks, now spreading to my throat and esophagus. Finally the burning hits my stomach.


I've never consumed anything so gnarly.
__________________
113-78 NFL Thread Pick Em.
TSmitty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #19015
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
I thought abs were visible at like 12%?

Whats your source of Ephedrine? If it contains guaifenesin that can cause muscle fatigue.

I have visible abs, just not the definition I'd like. And I have Bronkaid. All I could get my hands on until my stuff from Canada comes in.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM   #19016
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
I have visible abs, just not the definition I'd like. And I have Bronkaid. All I could get my hands on until my stuff from Canada comes in.


Yeah, Bronkaid has a fair helping of guaifenesin which can make your muscles feel fatigued, which kind of counteracts the ephedrine. Also, Guaifenesin can make some some people nauseous and throw up at higher doses than intended. I know this because of the Drug Thread.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM   #19017
TSmitty6
In the traphouse
 
TSmitty6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: L-o-c-a-t-o-i-n. Location. *ding*
Lol DXM
__________________
113-78 NFL Thread Pick Em.
TSmitty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.