Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
nyandres
Registered User
 
nyandres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
New Amp to my studio - Dream studio almost complete :)

Just launched a new website for Evans Custom Amplifiers ()http://evansamps.com . Those of you who play probably have tried their amps. Anyways, as part of the launch, the guys at Evans sent me an Evans RE500 unit. It sounds every bit as amazing as the AH200 for cleans, which is still my favorite clean amp ever by a long shot. Where the AH200 has amazing warmth, and clarity, the RE500 has something in the midrange I really like. The 500 watts of headroom are truly amazing. With that said, here are a screenshot with what I now consider my studio completed.


Only thing left is a Vintech Preamp, a Kemper Amp, and if one is released then an AH500.
nyandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Maineguitarist
Go to Mainer
 
Maineguitarist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Take a guess...
Nice studio, but am I they only one that feels this thread was made as an ad for Evans Amplification?
__________________
My Name is Cameron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.


Maineguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
ragingkitty
meow?
 
ragingkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguitarist
Nice studio, but am I they only one that feels this thread was made as an ad for Evans Amplification?


Yep, it does feel like that because of a lack of a NGD review.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
ragingkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
nyandres
Registered User
 
nyandres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
My apologies if it feels like that. I love it for clean though. I still have other amps for metal and stuff. I am a metal guy, but thats also why I am getting a Kemper. To have the best of both worlds

As for more of a review, the clean channel is absolutely beautiful. I wish the amp had a high gain channel, but thats why I am saving up for a Kemper. If I keep mentioning how much I like the cleans of these amps Im really gonna sound like an ad hehe. But yeah, the controls are like my older AH200. Its closer to the type of controls you see on the recording preamps giving the player lots of control, though its hard to know what does what at first, since its not the usual high, mid, treble, but instead, those plus some other strange named knobs.

The amplifier is a solid state. Like the polytone's the cleans are better than any tube amp i've heard, and its even clearer to boot. On the non sound specific things however the amp is tiny. If it only had a high gain channel it would be my favorite all around amp.

Anyways, it's awesome. Will post again once I get the Kemper

Last edited by nyandres : 03-25-2013 at 11:10 PM.
nyandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Traffic Town LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguitarist
Nice studio, but am I they only one that feels this thread was made as an ad for Evans Amplification?


If he was new to the forum I would agree.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
 
AxSilentxLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
IMHO, the room needs acoustic foam and bass traps, the monitors need to be mounted on rubber and they should be spaced further apart and facing inwards at a 45 degree angle, just my input seeming as you are going for a studio setup.
__________________
Gear list here.

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
nyandres
Registered User
 
nyandres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxSilentxLine
IMHO, the room needs acoustic foam and bass traps, the monitors need to be mounted on rubber and they should be spaced further apart and facing inwards at a 45 degree angle, just my input seeming as you are going for a studio setup.


Are Auralex roominators good enoough? I am a noob at this room treatment stuff. I'll apply the change to the speakers. As for the recording setup. Its a DAC, INterface, and PReamp enough to record a good mic input?
nyandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
KG6_Steven
Serving Knowledge
 
KG6_Steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Neither here nor there.
Nice studio. Looks like you have some nice gear. Now, you do know they make these laser levels for getting all those guitars straight across the wall? If you want, check out the photos of my gear to see how mine turned out.
KG6_Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
 
AxSilentxLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyandres
Are Auralex roominators good enoough? I am a noob at this room treatment stuff. I'll apply the change to the speakers. As for the recording setup. Its a DAC, INterface, and PReamp enough to record a good mic input?

Haven't used Auralex stuff but seems nice enough. As far as components and hardware, not all are created equal, what interface do you use? I assume you are micing your cabinets also?

EDIT: If you're getting a Kemper, you pretty much only need to worry about a good DAW and some nice mastering VSTs, bigger monitors might be nice too
__________________
Gear list here.

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris

Last edited by AxSilentxLine : 03-25-2013 at 11:34 PM.
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #10
Maineguitarist
Go to Mainer
 
Maineguitarist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Take a guess...
Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
If he was new to the forum I would agree.

Fair enough, just thought it looked suspicious
__________________
My Name is Cameron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.


Maineguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #11
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon
 
MickAlmighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lancashire ,England
What you really need is a bigger TV...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.


Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
MickAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 AM   #12
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Traffic Town LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguitarist
Fair enough, just thought it looked suspicious


I agree as well.



I see stuffed animals in the TV reflection?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #13
nyandres
Registered User
 
nyandres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxSilentxLine
Haven't used Auralex stuff but seems nice enough. As far as components and hardware, not all are created equal, what interface do you use? I assume you are micing your cabinets also?

EDIT: If you're getting a Kemper, you pretty much only need to worry about a good DAW and some nice mastering VSTs, bigger monitors might be nice too


Right now Im using a boss br800, though I am getting a nice DAC ADA combo made by RossMartinAudio (pcm 4222 + super beast). Im dying to get the kemper. For cleans, I probably will mic the evans amps... (at least until I get a complaint hehe)
nyandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
nyandres
Registered User
 
nyandres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
I agree as well.



I see stuffed animals in the TV reflection?


Yeah....They ...well....
They....
Are to help absorb the acoustics to provide a clearer recording....



They are actually my gfs hehe
nyandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #15
Maineguitarist
Go to Mainer
 
Maineguitarist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Take a guess...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyandres
Yeah....They ...well....
They....
Are to help absorb the acoustics to provide a clearer recording....



They are actually my gfs hehe

I call bullshit
__________________
My Name is Cameron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.


Maineguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.