Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
YDOC07
YDOC07

Just bought first guitar

Hi everyone, I have been a member here for a while but mainly becuase for years I had picked up the guitar in effort to "Learn". What I know now was I thought I was gonna be a guitar player because I could read tabs and play "Come As You Are" I was trying to learn music in genres I didnt even listen to.

Anyway I borrowed a Delta guiar from my wife's Grandma At the beginning of Spring this year and have progressed quite a bit. My question is this though....

My Wife bought me a Fender Cd-60 Nat for Christmas but the strings sound a little to twangy or something (im not sure how to describe it) and their is a sligh buzz when I play chords at times. What strings do you like ( for more blues, folk, country type stuff) and How should I fix this buzzing? Sorry for the Long post just bored.... THANKS!
YDOC07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
DkAAmetalhead

Honestly the best thing to do about the buzz is take it to a local guitar shop. I live in north Georgia and there are some great places you could take it in your area. If you let someone take a look at it, chances are they will be able to fix it in no time at all. And you can ask to watch so you actually learn it yourself. Thats what I have always done. My girlfriend just got me a 12 string and I am pretty clueless about it right now so I know how it is. But anyway best of luck to you!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

what you call a buzz might be poor fretting if your new at playing. i second DkAAmetalhead's suggestion - take your guitar to a qualified tech or luthier and have them check it out. if there's something wrong with it, like a high fret, causing the buzzing, they'll be able to let you know.

i like d'addario phosphor bronze lights, but if the guitar is too twangy, you can always try martin silk and steels aka the twang tamers ;-)
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: