Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  

Old 03-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
Drum machine for doom

I’m looking for a good drum machine—hardware or software—for Doom metal. I just need something simple that sounds like real drum kit, not a crazy 808 simulator with thousands of dubstep and acid house sounds. Suggestions?
jpnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
War Mastiff!!!
Most drum machines - real and online virtual drum machines - will have lots of pre-programed loops that you will never use, but as long as you can create your own tracks, that is of no matter. There are plenty of free online virtual drum machines, so you can look at them and see which one seems best for you. As for real drum machines, take a look at the Alesis SR-18. It runs about US$200.00 new.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Originally Posted by Spaz91
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:53 AM   #3
Last of a Dyin' Breed
My old Zoom RT323 is pretty good - I used it for most of the recordings on my profile, the drums are sampled rather than synthed so it sounds as realistic as possible, but I'd recommend finding a more recent version as mine uses the wrong kind of memory card. The Zoom R8 & R24 multitrackers have the same capability for drums built into them, so you get a multitrack recording, USB interface and drum machine all in one package.

All drum machines will have a load of those useless sounds you don't want though. The trick is to remember not to use them.

Or get software.
Gibson LP x3, SG x3, Midtown Custom
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:04 AM   #4
Almost Sane
EzDrummer with a metal expansion . That is all.
Comic Sans is a terrible font.

I have a single out! Check it! (please)
Here's my SoundCloud Page
(Mostly rough demos/protos)
And my Bandcamp
(Much the same, but expensive and covered in bees)

Last edited by CorrosionMedia : 03-12-2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: change link
CorrosionMedia is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: