Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
GoneGonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackst4r
Q. can you hear yourself when your recording?...do you get the whole mix or are you just singing on top of the track

I'm just belting it as best as I can while it plays. I have it playing loud and its coming out of my amp, so its crushed into mono.
GoneGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #22
GoldenGuitar

Here's a better idea, learn the tune and sing it acapella.
GoldenGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #23
GoneGonzo

Question

Lol thats a crazy idea I might try it but I don't know. I approached the song differently sang a little higher, would you say this sounds more comfortable? Or is it just lacking power? The Crystal Ship 12-21-13
GoneGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #24
GoldenGuitar

I don't think there's any problem with the power. From my perception of your singing it seems you don't know the song as well as you think you do, and it's affecting your singing. Can you write the rhythm and melody of the vocal line out without listening to it? If you can do that accurately, then you know it.
GoldenGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #25
mrkeka
Lost in Translation

Your voice sounds a little less forced now, a little more natural... but you still seem like you don't know the rhythm of the song or the melody
mrkeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #26
20Tigers

I started with LoveBurns. You don't seem to be able to hold the notes with ease. When you start a note your voice quickly searches for the note and then tails off.

The Crystal Ship is on now. I'm wincing. X(
It's way off key man. It sounds like you're trying to deepen your voice to sing like Jim (and trying to incorporate the reverb into your tone as well. In doing so it sounds nothing like Jim because he doesn't put that artificial tone to his voice to make it sound deep.

You also don't know the notes of the song. The opening notes of the song are Db D E F - "Be fore you slip"

Try playing these notes on a tuned instrument and learning to sing them. Then add the leap up to C and practice that, then add some more notes and some more...until you have the whole song. Then add the words.

Did you do any vocal warm ups before you recorded those?
Do you do daily vocal drills (breathing exercises, scales, tonal exercises, enunciation etc)?

Rate This Thread: