Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
fretshredda

Dave Navarro......Why all the hate???

I'm not a particular fan of the guy at all, but i really don't get all the hate that comes up when he is mentioned. Like seriously, alot of his interviews, solos etc are just filled with generic hate "******, clown, asshole etc"

He's a fairly good player, nothing spectacular, but commendable and he has been involved in some really influential projects. Given that there really was some really sh-itty rock music coming out at the time of JA, i find it strange that this guy gets the level of hate you'd find on a Fall Out Boy video.

He seems just like the average rock musician. He isn't outrageously arrogant or some jerk who got lucky, seems like a guy whose made some ok music so tell me UG, why all the hate?
fretshredda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
TVeye
Not Worth It......

Doesn't that tattoo show answer any of your questions?
TVeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

I think it has to do with the extremely loyal following John Frusciante got and once Navarro took over the guitars in Red Hot Chili Peppers John's fans gave him loads of shit. Same with Klinghoffer now basically.

Apart from that I don't know. Might seem a bit unfair really. Although Frusciante is fantastic in every way it's a bit unfair to not cut Navarro some slack/give him a chance.

I personally prefer John's solo albums and I would never expect RHCP to sound the same without him. Sure, it might suck that your favourite guitarist leaves your favourite band but you just have to deal with it and to expect them to sound the same with a new 25 % of the total is just stupid.

Sucks for both Klinghoffer and Navarro to get the amount of hate and not even being offered a chance before the fans yell that they want Frusciante back. Somehow they haven't really understood Frusciante that well. He wasn't really keen on playing with RHCP because of that pressure. The fans that more or less pressure him to come back are more or less the reason he left in the first place.

Last edited by JohnnyGenzale : 01-09-2013 at 11:04 AM.
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
'93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGenzale
I think it has to do with the extremely loyal following John Frusciante got and once Navarro took over the guitars in Red Hot Chili Peppers John's fans gave him loads of shit. Same with Klinghoffer now basically.

Apart from that I don't know. Might seem a bit unfair really. Although Frusciante is fantastic in every way it's a bit unfair to not cut Navarro some slack/give him a chance

this

navarro is a really good guitarist, just listen to JA
'93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
fretshredda

His work with RHCP isn't the best and is probably not worth listening to, but from a psychological view, he (or any guitarist/person that pushed the band to continue) did 'save' them. If they had been inactive for the period of time OHM and the resulting tour were going on, they would have just dwindled down. While he didn't fuel the creative fire, he did continue it for the rest of the band; encouraging them to make music. It's really immature of fanboys to hate the replacement. John isn't their pet/employee/whatever, he's a muscian and an eccentric one at that. He does what he does and what's cool with him. If he stayed because the fans wanted him to, the result wouldn't have been any better the OHM, just an unenthusiastic guitarist being forced to do what he doesn't want to do. He isn't your worker, respect his decisions.
fretshredda is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: