User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-26-2014, 05:12 AM   #1
liampje
No.

High amount of noise M-track + guitar rig

Hi,

Just plugged in my new M-audio M-track. And I receive a lot of noise. Also I need to adjust the gain knob with every preset in order to get the right amount of gain out of it. Is this normal? What do I do with all the noise?

It's plugged in to my computer and I use the headphone output on the M-track itself. Did I do something wrong?
liampje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #2
Spambot_2
UG's redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by liampje
Just plugged in my new M-audio M-track. And I receive a lot of noise.
That happens when you use an average amp sim's distortion with a less than average audio interface.
Quote:
Also I need to adjust the gain knob with every preset in order to get the right amount of gain out of it. Is this normal?
They are presets, they are to be used as a starting point to sculpt the sound and obtain the one you prefer.
In other words, they are presets made to work with other equipment, so modify them in order to work with your equipment and to sound good to you.
Quote:
What do I do with all the noise?
Use a noise gate.
Guitar rig has an integrated one, so just turn up the threshold.
Quote:
It's plugged in to my computer and I use the headphone output on the M-track itself. Did I do something wrong?
It is not my intention to be rude, but the error there was buying that audio interface.

Now, what I think you should do is:
1. ditch guitar rig, it doesn't sound any better than below average if you exit from the clean or almost clean stuff
2. read the amp sims sticky here in this section
3. get new amp sims, there are free ones that do distorted stuff way better than guitar rig
4. practice working with your DAW's plugins - one of the nice things about guitar rig is that it has everything integrated - noise gate, amp sims, cab sims, effects...
So if you want everything you need to find that stuff in your DAW in form of standalone plugins - or download them.

Rate This Thread: