Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #1281
dolphrider

ive been away due to surgeries for some time and am just getting back to playing. I'm using a mac now and just got guitar pro 6. when i click a guitar pro song, the darn pro tabs thingy comes up? it happens to every guitar pro tab i want to download. what am i missing? things have changed a bit
thanks.....
dolphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #1282
Thommxz

How the F do I get this hammer on note in Guitar Pro 5 that doesn't count in the bar? Been searching for 20 minutes already...

Last edited by Thommxz : 07-11-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Thommxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #1283
fanapathy
B-Tuned

^It's a grace note.
Just press G (or Effects->Grace Note), select hammer, duration and whether it's on or before the beat.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #1284
Thommxz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanapathy
^It's a grace note.
Just press G (or Effects->Grace Note), select hammer, duration and whether it's on or before the beat.

Sir, you've just won the interwebs.

Have my babies.
Thommxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #1285
vincymon

I have a problem. I just bought a new laptop and transferred all of my old data (including the GTP 5 program) from my old laptop to this new one.

However, now for some reason whenever I try to open a guitar pro tab, it opens in a dodgy way. I cannot click anything, and an error box pops up, which prevents me from reading the tab properly, because it covers half the page.

I don't know why this is happening.
vincymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #1286
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincymon
I have a problem. I just bought a new laptop and transferred all of my old data (including the GTP 5 program) from my old laptop to this new one.

However, now for some reason whenever I try to open a guitar pro tab, it opens in a dodgy way. I cannot click anything, and an error box pops up, which prevents me from reading the tab properly, because it covers half the page.

I don't know why this is happening.

These sound like common symptoms of software being incorrectly installed or otherwise damaged. Even if you copied the program folder, certain files needed to run it properly may still be missing. You should definitely try to re-install it from the original installer (and obtain it if you don't have it anymore).
Old 09-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #1287
dived12

Hi,
Thanks for your information. It's very helpful.
hosting
dived12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #1288
motown907

Can or will anyone find or transcribe the song the last wish from unearth and the door from C.O.C or can anyone point me in the write direction pls and thanku
motown907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #1289
Justified Death
UG Newbie

Dont know how many people will be browsing this section of the forums, much less this thread at this time, but...I am in the process of learning a song. I had downloaded GP3 and the song I'm wanting to learn is in the GP4 format, apparently? So I deleted 3, installed 4 (for free). It works fine and everything (the program, that is), but when I try to open the file, it says I need to upgrade? It wont even load the tab. So what do you guys think is going on? Thanks in advance.
As death, when we come to consider it, is the true goal of our existence, I have formed during the last few years such close relations with this best and truest friend of mankind, that his image is not only no longer terrifying to me, but just is.
Justified Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #1290
Boblees4
Resume Template

Hello FatKidsOnMopeds</3

Thank you for your valuable post i really love this post...........
Old 11-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #1291
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified Death
Dont know how many people will be browsing this section of the forums, much less this thread at this time, but...I am in the process of learning a song. I had downloaded GP3 and the song I'm wanting to learn is in the GP4 format, apparently? So I deleted 3, installed 4 (for free). It works fine and everything (the program, that is), but when I try to open the file, it says I need to upgrade? It wont even load the tab. So what do you guys think is going on? Thanks in advance.

It's kind of hard to say why it won't load. It might somehow require a newer version of GP4. GP4 is about 10 years old and not used so much anymore, maybe it's not working properly on newer operating systems.
For this I'd suggest you get GP5 or the free TuxGuitar (http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/download.html) - your GP4 file will work fine in both of these.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #1292
Lersch

I'm not sure if I will get any responses, Considering the date of the last post, but let's try it.

I was trying to adjust the latency of the Midi/RSE synch in GP5, to no success. So I adjusted everything that I could find that said latency in the Audio settings and set it all to 0. When I played the track, didn't make a difference. Then, I tried closing and reopening the tab, and to my surprise, GP5 now refuses to play it, refuses to enter the audio settings and refuses to play any other tabs. Every time I try to do something, it shows me this message- " n'est pas une valeur entierč correcte.

I'm really stressed by this, since I know can't edit any of my songs, since I write everything in GP. I would be really, really grateful if someone could help me with this.

Edit: I re-installed it and it fixed the problem. However, I could use some help with the RSE/Midi synch problem... midi always enter just a little bit late.

Last edited by Lersch : 06-13-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Lersch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #1293
maleshire101

Could somebody please post the guitar pro tabs for Gwar's Metal Metal Land, and for Beat you to Death. I would appreciate it immensely.
maleshire101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #1294
mango fresh

So I wrote a piece in GP6, (guitars & bass, no drums) that all sounds the way I want using the RSE. My plan was to export from GP and import these into ProTools so I can record with backing.

Midi files went in just fine, brought in the tempo/time sig changes which was great, but then I imported the .wavs

Now for whatever reason the audio of every .wav I import into PT (and reaper) seems to start AFTER the beat. It's not a HUGE length of time, but enough to screw me up if I'm trying to record on time.

Anyone ever experience this? Does GP just suck at exporting .wavs?

I just have no idea how the SAME file can produce a wav that is out of time. . .any help is appreciated!
mango fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #1295
MattyPS

Hi there,

Whenever I am using the loop (F9) to learn how to play a song slowly, GP won't care about the repeat signs and will simply ignore them... How do I fix this?
MattyPS is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: