Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #461
BlueIceBox
Bzzzz

I think the classic flanger does a nice watery chorus when regen is set to zero
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
BlueIceBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #462
BlueIceBox
Bzzzz

Impulse bought the analog chorus yesterday (damn you Amazon and your free prime trials!).

Immediately after opening it up I knew my classic flanger was from a bad batch. The build quality here was top notch for a dirt cheap pedal. My classic flanger had blobs of glue smeared everywhere, whereas this chorus was all nice and clean I'll try and post pics to show what I mean.

When I first tried it, my heart sank. It wouldn't work! I thought to myself "oh god, not again, not another faulty Joyo pedal". Turns out the old unused battery I had on my shelf was a bad one . After replacing the battery I tried it again and it sounds great

I was a little worried about the lack of level control (unlike the Boss CE) because I wanted something more subtle rather than 'in your face', but it's not too 'wet' and sounds great both with clean and high gain

So um, that's all there is to it I guess! If this fails on me like the classic flanger then I'll probably end up getting a Boss CE, but for the time being it does the job very well.

(I'm itching for a compressor, but I don't want to get carried away and get the Joyo Comp )
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
BlueIceBox is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: