Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-25-2015, 11:17 PM   #9041
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
 
CodeMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Masturbating in your armpit
I like that sound.
__________________
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings.

My friends call me Rob.
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #9042
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
 
Cathbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. There's more fuzz (wooly mammoth) on the bass live. But other than that it's pretty close to our live sound.
__________________
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100


Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cathbard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:49 PM   #9043
T7E
All smiles :)
 
T7E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 'STRAYA ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonk
Its fine.
Thats actually the way I wanted it brought up at TGP.
I do the work, let someone else do the PR stuff .



__________________
Soul/Psych/Chill band: https://soundcloud.com/baileyjonesband

Lofi/Noisey/Droney shit: https://soundcloud.com/evanlynch
T7E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 AM   #9044
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser
 
NakedInTheRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Straya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Radio interview with my band, including preview of our EP:
http://www.mixcloud.com/mickgriffin...tom-radio-show/

i like it man. good stuff.
__________________
Pedalboard Thread Native: The Fuzzy Little Man Peach

UG's Best Small Pedalboard 2013
NakedInTheRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #9045
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedInTheRain
thread got nuked


yeah i had the darn thing up on my screen but then had to go for dinner. I didn't think to open all the pages in different tabs before I went away. when i came back it was nuked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaknazrael
I'm just gonna post in every thread about gear, claiming that it's an advertisement. that place is just a cesspool of blues lawyers.


what i don't like is that they're super-strict about things that don't matter (e.g. they'll ban tim for "advertising" but not ban other manufacturers who are way more blatant) and then ignore (or arguably encourage) far worse stuff. (I'm talking about a lot of the regular posters, not even so much the mods and admin etc.).

They were far less paranoid around the time of the jan ray and freekish things and actually were throwing muck at the people who were degooping (or advising caution until it was revealed what the thing was), and now they suddenly realise that some companies might rip you off if you're not careful, they start targeting everyone mindlessly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM   #9046
forsaknazrael
..kupo?
 
forsaknazrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
^i brought up that exact point and people kinda just ignored it lol. literally would address something else in my post, but not cases like Vertex/Lovepedal/Jan Ray or Freekish.
forsaknazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #9047
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser
 
NakedInTheRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Straya
holy ****, been on such a spending spree recently. hf-2, got a new bass, picking up a new bass amp in the next few days, grabbing a couple of mts modules, got a tv jones classic plus for my cabronita....all this on top of the maverick and frv-1.
__________________
Pedalboard Thread Native: The Fuzzy Little Man Peach

UG's Best Small Pedalboard 2013
NakedInTheRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM   #9048
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark
 
Linkerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedInTheRain
holy ****, been on such a spending spree recently. hf-2, got a new bass, picking up a new bass amp in the next few days, grabbing a couple of mts modules, got a tv jones classic plus for my cabronita....all this on top of the maverick and frv-1.

Count me jealous, I haven't been spending any money on gear. The BMW E30 is gonna bleed me dry.
__________________
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Linkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #9049
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkerman
BMWs bleed me dry.



Not just E30s.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
There are sites called plushdotyiff where people talk about yiffing plushies



Axel in heat.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #9050
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?
 
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ireland
Anyone seen the new Source Audio Nemesis delay. Looks pretty damn perfect as a stripped-down version of the TimeLine, which is essentially what I'm looking for and what I believe the market currently is pining for. It sounds very good from the one clip on YouTube, too. Price is reported to be around $250, TBC. It has all the features I want, and although it may not replace the TimeLine, it might go on a smaller board.

Also, while watching NAMM videos from a bunch of channels, I noticed two or three times someone using a TMG guitar. What the fudge? I thought the light had been shone on that situation and everyone moved on like they did with Freekish Nutella?
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #9051
mmolteratx
UG God
 
mmolteratx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richardson, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish
Anyone seen the new Source Audio Nemesis delay. Looks pretty damn perfect as a stripped-down version of the TimeLine, which is essentially what I'm looking for and what I believe the market currently is pining for. It sounds very good from the one clip on YouTube, too. Price is reported to be around $250, TBC. It has all the features I want, and although it may not replace the TimeLine, it might go on a smaller board.

Also, while watching NAMM videos from a bunch of channels, I noticed two or three times someone using a TMG guitar. What the fudge? I thought the light had been shone on that situation and everyone moved on like they did with Freekish Nutella?


Nope. Jonathan from Rogue Guitar Shop bought the brand. Kept Taylor (the con man) on for a while, then dumped him and rebranded Taylor McGrath as TMG Guitar Co.
__________________
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
mmolteratx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #9052
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?
 
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmolteratx
Nope. Jonathan from Rogue Guitar Shop bought the brand. Kept Taylor (the con man) on for a while, then dumped him and rebranded Taylor McGrath as TMG Guitar Co.
Jonathan is not that much fucking better. Do we really need another guitar company making Teles and Strats, especially with such a bad background—and foreground? I wouldn't touch Rogue Guitar Shop with a ten foot barge pole. "Oh, your pedal was not in stock. Tough. You can wait like you would wait if you bought directly. Oh, you want your money back. Tough. You can file a claim. Here, have 20% off. That'll tide you over until you inevitably come back because you'll believe us when we say we have a pedal in stock. And we can always offer a discount if it's not."

Discounts have become a joke.
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #9053
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
 
dannyalcatraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Missed that last development in the TMG saga.
__________________
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #9054
gumbilicious
beginner
 
gumbilicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: on the road... again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. There's more fuzz (wooly mammoth) on the bass live. But other than that it's pretty close to our live sound.


that is a mean fuzz. first time i used one i almost rumbled the head off the cabinet. literally. the bass player didn't see it and the head almost ate shit, had to grab it just before it fell off.
__________________
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #9055
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
 
Cathbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
It's a great bass fuzz. Was money well spent.
__________________
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100


Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cathbard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #9056
greeny23
Mechromancer
 
greeny23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish
Jonathan is not that much fucking better. Do we really need another guitar company making Teles and Strats, especially with such a bad background—and foreground? I wouldn't touch Rogue Guitar Shop with a ten foot barge pole. "Oh, your pedal was not in stock. Tough. You can wait like you would wait if you bought directly. Oh, you want your money back. Tough. You can file a claim. Here, have 20% off. That'll tide you over until you inevitably come back because you'll believe us when we say we have a pedal in stock. And we can always offer a discount if it's not."

Discounts have become a joke.


yeh thats all sorts of ****ing silly.
__________________
the main guy behind..
Toyroom Guitar Effects
pedals, repairs, mods and cat memes since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonk
I just got home.
I amde sooooo ****ign wated i thought it wqqs 8Am
GUSSS THT WHAT HAPPNS WHEN YOU SISTER OWND A BDAR ANF YOU GE FREEE DRINL.
greeny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #9057
mmolteratx
UG God
 
mmolteratx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richardson, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish
Jonathan is not that much fucking better. Do we really need another guitar company making Teles and Strats, especially with such a bad background—and foreground? I wouldn't touch Rogue Guitar Shop with a ten foot barge pole. "Oh, your pedal was not in stock. Tough. You can wait like you would wait if you bought directly. Oh, you want your money back. Tough. You can file a claim. Here, have 20% off. That'll tide you over until you inevitably come back because you'll believe us when we say we have a pedal in stock. And we can always offer a discount if it's not."

Discounts have become a joke.


Oh yea, Rogue is shady as ****. Post was tongue in cheek.
__________________
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
mmolteratx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #9058
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaknazrael
^i brought up that exact point and people kinda just ignored it lol. literally would address something else in my post, but not cases like Vertex/Lovepedal/Jan Ray or Freekish.


Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I dunno if they're really just not that bright or just being deliberately obtuse or even just trolling for lulz. It has to be one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedInTheRain
holy ****, been on such a spending spree recently. hf-2, got a new bass, picking up a new bass amp in the next few days, grabbing a couple of mts modules, got a tv jones classic plus for my cabronita....all this on top of the maverick and frv-1.


what bass gear did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
Missed that last development in the TMG saga.


+1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:39 AM   #9059
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark
 
Linkerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
Not just E30s.

Well, the E46 is my dad's, so it's not my problem. And it's in perfect shape now, without him having to spend much at all.

I can see what you mean by referring to BMWs in general, both my E30 316i and my dad's E46 318Ci have petrol engines with a high fuel consumption, but they are extremely fun to drive. Especially mine, which feels faster and more "raw".
__________________
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Linkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.