Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 12:41 PM   #50001
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
yeah that sounds awesome.

I used to think it was illegal here to have your dog off a lead in public, but I've since found out (i think, unless the law changed) that you only have to have it under control (which is a bit vague for my liking... a lot of dog owners' idea of "under control" isn't my idea of it!).

I have nothing against dogs (bit scared of the big ones, but I don't hate animals or anything like that), but as you said, if you ask me it's up to the dog owners to ensure they're not annoying people who don't want to be around dogs (which is their prerogative, I'd say), rather than the other way round.

Yeah, definitely. I've found that most of the dog owners around here are good about not letting their dogs interact with people unless that person very obviously wants to pet the dog. But yeah, occasionally there is just an out of control dog that the owner can't do anything with, and that's annoying whether you like dogs or not.

Quote:
if those dogs don't play well with others I don't really want them outside the dog park without a lead...

Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
TNfootballfan62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #50002
CL/\SH
Clash

I would say most people in general (in my experience) just don't know what they're doing when it comes to dogs. I don't even know why a lot of people have dogs, most of my neighbors have them and their only purpose is to make noise in the backyard, it's pretty sad. I understand wanting a watch dog maybe, as a burglar deterrent, but still, take the poor animal for a walk every now and then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62 at #33487390
But yeah, occasionally there is just an out of control dog that the owner can't do anything with, and that's annoying whether you like dogs or not.

So much this, when I'm the one who winds up having to get someone else's dog under control I feel embarrassed and as though I'm stepping over the line a bit. When I got my own puppy I made sure that it was a breed I could trust off leash (with some training) not to harass others, and wound up getting an Aussie. They're definitely not couch potatoes though lol

Great Danes are excellent for what you're looking for, btw. They're very gentle giants that'll doze all day but are still fun when you want to take them somewhere. They do have shorter lifespans/health problems because of their immense size, which sucks :/
CL/\SH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:44 PM   #50003
darkwolf291
Hookers and Blow

I like Huskies
and Corgis

Corgis are adorable
darkwolf291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:46 PM   #50004
Ippon
Amped

Yea, most giant dogs are short-lived; however, mine lived for 11+ years. He was so gentle and such a puppy that the family's much smaller female GS/GR mix was in-charge. I fed both raw chicken breast every weekend as a treat.

He loves sitting/sleeping on laps because he thinks he's a lapdog.

As Dave mentioned, size was intimidating for most people but it quickly disappeared after intros or because of the vibes he gave out. Miss that dog and cried like a baby for several days when he had to be put down.

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG Amps!
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:55 PM   #50005
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Find a good rescue pup kyle, there are plenty of awesome American Mutts out there! Full breeds are over rated.

I will confirm that my grills were locked up over the weekend, they got out for good behavior though! Ba dum tshhh

I'm buying a house in Wisconsin that's not too far away from home. This weekend convinced me I need one.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:55 PM   #50006
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Not a big fan of dogs.

WOW what an awesome weekend. Frickin tired as hell. Leaving tomorrow to go see 311.
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #50007
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL/\SH
I would say most people in general (in my experience) just don't know what they're doing when it comes to dogs. I don't even know why a lot of people have dogs, most of my neighbors have them and their only purpose is to make noise in the backyard, it's pretty sad. I understand wanting a watch dog maybe, as a burglar deterrent, but still, take the poor animal for a walk every now and then...
So much this, when I'm the one who winds up having to get someone else's dog under control I feel embarrassed and as though I'm stepping over the line a bit. When I got my own puppy I made sure that it was a breed I could trust off leash (with some training) not to harass others, and wound up getting an Aussie. They're definitely not couch potatoes though lol

Great Danes are excellent for what you're looking for, btw. They're very gentle giants that'll doze all day but are still fun when you want to take them somewhere. They do have shorter lifespans/health problems because of their immense size, which sucks :/

Yeah, a great dane is on my very short list of options, too. They seem to be a bit harder to find around here than mastiffs.

Quote:
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote:
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Old Today, 02:04 PM   #50008
GABarrie
Call me Gordon

I'm a fan of beagles
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
GABarrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 PM   #50009
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
Find a good rescue pup kyle, there are plenty of awesome American Mutts out there! Full breeds are over rated.

I will confirm that my grills were locked up over the weekend, they got out for good behavior though! Ba dum tshhh

I'm buying a house in Wisconsin that's not too far away from home. This weekend convinced me I need one.

I typically agree. My only fear is adopting a dog that won't be happy in the confines of my small apartment. Picking a breed with certain qualities seems to be the best way to ensure that I'm getting one with the right temperament. I'd much rather go to the pound and rescue one, but if I'm not going to be giving it a good environment, that seems like a cruel thing to do.

But yeah, in any case, I'm watching the local pounds' facebook feeds and websites every couple of days.

Quote:

Quote:

Rate This Thread: