Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > UG Contribution
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #4601
emad
Rocker

Select chords as type of your tab and the song name should be "dear yoko Acoustic", then resubmit it.

emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #4602
MaryseLapu1128

Hello!
I just discovered this thread and even though I am still a noob at tabbing, I do my best no matter what to listen to each part carefully and tab carefully so that the result is almost the same as the original.

I submitted two tabs for Inuyasha Secret of the Divine Jewel OST (it's a game). There are no tabs of ANY of the music from the game, and I figured I should write some because I'm a nerd like that.

Anyway, one was accepted called "Cherry Blossom Mirage" but the other one, which is titled "Journey" was rejected I hope it was not because of the name of the OST. I know there must be a million tabs of Journey, but I specifically labeled my GP5 tab as "Inuyasha Secret of the Divine Jewel OST- Journey" to avoid confusion. There are barely any Inuyasha tabs on this site, much less tabs (if at all) of a game barely anyone even knows.

Just to be sure I wasn't missing something, I checked general reasons why.

- We have a similar tab in the archives
- There are too many versions of the tab already
- It was inaccurate or not formatted
- It was intro or solo tab while we already have tabs for the whole song

But none of these apply to me? What was the reason for my tab's rejection? And if possible, can I resubmit it?

Thank you,
Rysie Poo

Edit: 10:25PM
I actually went to my email to see if I missed anything substantial, but all I found was this email and a similar one for Cherry Blossom Mirage in my inbox.

Hi MaryseLapu1128,

We're glad to inform you that your tab "Inuyasha Secret Of The Divine Jewel - Journey by Misc Cartoons" was reviewed and confirmed by our moderators. Thanks for your contribution to the Ultimate-Guitar!

You can check the status of all your contributions at this page.

We`re waiting for more of your tabs!

Sincerely,
Ultimate-Guitar.Com Tab Team

*totally confused right now*

Last edited by MaryseLapu1128 : 06-10-2014 at 10:27 PM.
MaryseLapu1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:27 AM   #4603
emad
Rocker

Post in bug reports.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:33 AM   #4604
baxissimo

I got unfairly rejected I thing, and on another thread they suggested I post here.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/cont...oval?id=1502572

Rejected for "better tabs exist". This is IMO the best crd version currently available: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/s...y_legal_crd.htm Actually its the only standard chord version (not chord pro, not tab).
Suggestions have been made to the author about some errors, but no response.

So I made those corrections myself, and added in the tab for the solo bits, making my new version the most complete available. It has all the lyrics and all the chords for all the lyrics, and the key tab for the recognizable riffs in the song.

So I humbly request that someone with the power to do so unrejects my submission. Thanks.
baxissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #4605
emad
Rocker

Quote:
Intro chords and chords after the 1st verse are just "G - C" not "G - C - G - C"

You've already posted your correction. We don't accept close tabs as new one.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #4606
baxissimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad
You've already posted your correction. We don't accept close tabs as new one.

A) That's not the only thing different. There's also the tab of the key bits of the song that I added.

B) Yes the correction is right there in the comment, but that's useless to me. I pretty much use the UG app exclusively and comments don't show up there.

C) Even if comments did show up in the UG app, it's a pain in the butt for people to have to scroll back and forth to use those comments in the middle of trying to play the song.

It seems there's a major hole in the UG content management system if there's no way to get a tab fixed if the original contributor disappears or is uninterested in fixing it. I would be perfectly happy if my corrections and additions could be applied to that existing tab. But just having them in comments is not useful.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #4607
emad
Rocker

Resubmit it and post back the tpa link.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #4608
baxissimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad
Resubmit it and post back the tpa link.

Thanks. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/cont...oval?id=1503775
Old 07-20-2014, 03:15 AM   #4609
emad
Rocker

Old 08-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #4610
NuclearAqua

On my second rejection of a tab I asked a few questions on the comments section available on the submission page, but maybe this is the right place to do so.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/cont...oval/id/1507140

Well, my tab got rejected because of lack of formatting, but in reading the pertinent guidelines I didn't quite see how I failed to follow them; as such, I'm asking for help identifying and correcting any problems that might exist regarding formatting.

Another issue is that I accidentally resubmitted the tab in appealing a previous rejection. What I did then was click the Appeal button, correcting the error and saving the changes. So if that counts as a resubmission, I would also appreciate help in understanding the right process to appeal without ending up in a resubmission.

Thanks.
NuclearAqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:13 AM   #4611
emad
Rocker

Approved.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:44 AM   #4612
Ballieu2

About Franz Ferdinand - Right Action Acoustic

Ohoh, took you 5 days to send an email in which I only got one resaon declined in 3 lines :
- Lack of accuracy
- Lack of accuracy
- Lack of accuracy. There are more D than Nick actually plays

Well, thank you UG, it helps me a lot. Although I can't currently believe my submission has been rejected for "Lack af accuracy" I wrote down the whole song, detailed every chords (it's at least more than the only tab that you have accepted up to now for this song...), and it's currently more than the half of all the tabs available on the entier website. Seriously, compared to all the shit that I'm usually confronted to on this site, I thought that my tab will be published and finally got something like 2 stars and some comments that would help me to improve the tab, but anyway, I don't mind, I play it and if anyone else want to play it too he'll do like me and watch a 100 times videos of the song because he wouldn't be able to find any relative version to help him to start.
Ballieu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #4613
emad
Rocker

You might wanna resubmit it and post back the tpa link.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #4614
mustanger

I'm having trouble understanding what you call " the simple rules set forth in Ultimate Guitar Tab Guide. "

You indicate that under some circumstances you would add the word ACOUSTIC at the end of a song title. Is this what you would do if you tabbed say a Chet Atkins-style version of a Beatles tune? It seems like FINGERSTYLE would be a better designation, but I just want to understand the Guidelines.

Also the Misc Unsigned Band designation. Is this what you would use if you tabbed an old folk song that isn't associated with any particular artist? e.g. Yankee Doodle Dandy. Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me, The Paw Paw Patch or in my case My Grandfather's Clock.
mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #4615
carriep63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanger
I'm having trouble understanding what you call " the simple rules set forth in Ultimate Guitar Tab Guide. "

You indicate that under some circumstances you would add the word ACOUSTIC at the end of a song title. Is this what you would do if you tabbed say a Chet Atkins-style version of a Beatles tune? It seems like FINGERSTYLE would be a better designation, but I just want to understand the Guidelines.

Also the Misc Unsigned Band designation. Is this what you would use if you tabbed an old folk song that isn't associated with any particular artist? e.g. Yankee Doodle Dandy. Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me, The Paw Paw Patch or in my case My Grandfather's Clock.

The only words that can be added to a title are "Acoustic" or "Live" at this time. In the case you are describing, I think a fingerstyle version would still be considered "Acoustic." What I think of when I see the "Acoustic" label is taking a song like this: http://youtu.be/7JJfJgyHYwU and choosing to tab this version instead: http://youtu.be/vIym_eqNAJ8

It's still a studio recording, but it's an acoustic performance (in a different key, even.) It's not a necessary label, only use it if you have a need to designate the difference. You can always explain in the tab itself what specific version you are tabbing.

Misc Unsigned Bands is actually meant for unsigned artists. It requires that you have both an artist and song title designated. You would use the Misc Traditional designation for those type of standard songs.

Last edited by carriep63 : 08-11-2014 at 11:56 PM.
carriep63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:25 AM   #4616
mustanger

I never noticed Misc Traditional as an option before. As you can see below, in their "simple to follow" guidelines, Misc Traditional isn't even listed. I typed it into the search box though and you're obviously right. Greensleeves and Happy Birthday are there.

Case #2 - Miscelanneous (unsigned bands, movies, games, etc)

You should use this template for naming your tab:
For band name use "Misc Unsigned Bands"
For song name use "Band name - Song name" scheme

Other miscellaneous tabs:

All computer game songs belong in "Misc Computer Games".
All movie soundtracks belong in "Misc Soundtrack".
All TV songs belong in "Misc Television".
All lessons about scales belong in "Misc Scales".
All Christmas songs belong in "Misc Christmas".
All your tabs about guitar lessons belong in "Lesson Guitar".
If you wrote a song yourself and want to share your tab with us, choose "Misc Your Songs" as the band name.

Now as for ACOUSTIC, the sample you cite a youtuibe that has some guy playing an acoustic guitar so that version is indeed more acoustic that the other, but what's the point of putting it in the title. We all have our favorite guitars. If you want to learn to play Classical Gas, you're going to want to know the notes to play, you already know what guitar you are going to use. On the other hand, if you're looking for the music to Ticket to Ride, the tab you want depends on whether you're a band of Beatle wanna be's or a Chet wanna be.

The site Administrators made a lot of improvements in the site a few months ago. And dealing with the TPA queue is a lot of work and my hat's off to them for all they do. However, it would be less work for all of us if they refined their "simple to follow" guidelines some more. Additionally, in many cases, if the moderator knows what correction is to be made, it would be simpler if he/she just made it. Telling us to resubmit and appeal with us having to guess what they want is more work for both the contributor and the moderator.
mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #4617
mgsloth

I think it's getting rediculus around here.
I posted two submissions , both rejected.
First one was copy and pasted from the ORIGINAL song writer who gave me permission to post his work. song was done on Orange is the new black. how can something that is solely from the original author be denied? are you kidding me? He was nice enought to give me the chords and lyrics after emailing him and you guys deny it.

second one was denied because it was the same or duplicate.. it wasn't duplicate at all, whoever checkedd out the chords should try playing it on a guitar. and also, people like having different versions to choose from , even if there is a million of them, isn't that why the ratings are there in the first place????
I will not submit another tab that I take the time to play out or get originals from the artist only to be denied from you guys,. I will post on your competitors site... maybe they will appreciate it..
mgsloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #4618
emad
Rocker

The are other reasons for rejecting your tabs. You can resubmit your tab and post the tpa link here so I can check it out.

Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #4619
mgsloth

other reasons? boredom? don't get it, nothing was wrong with either tabs, oh well. not my loss.
mgsloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #4620
carriep63

I remember an OITNB song getting denied because the song artist was listed wrong. this was quite awhile though so I don't know if it was your tab.
carriep63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: