Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #141
Anon17

There are lots of exercises and such here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...88&page=1&pp=20

Not sure if you can post your own ones there but I can't see why it would be a massive problem if you did.

As for licks, I guess you could post here http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...php?forumid=46?
Anon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:13 AM   #142
Tostitos
Barely Awake

Tryna bring this baaaaack. This thread has been too quiet!

Spector and Markbass

DeviantART
Crevado
Tostitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:14 AM   #143
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

hi
vayne92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:25 AM   #144
Freepower
v It's Back! :D

Hi! I've been doing lots of exams and Path of Exile, so guitar foruming has been much neglected. How are you guys doing?
Freepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:08 AM   #145
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

I've been playing way too much Hearthstone and just moved back to Australia from Vancouver. I wish I could bring myself to play guitar as much as I used to
I still like to help on here though, makes me feel at least a little useful haha
Old 05-20-2015, 07:35 AM   #146
Freepower

Hey man, if it's a hobby don't beat yourself up, just play as much as you feel.

I'm a MTG guy actually, I have approx 20 casual decks. >>

Posting here inspired me to sit down and record something fun for my youtube subs, here's a new vid -
Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #147
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

I played MTG as a kid, but hearthstone seems to be the future of card games. Been playing about a year now. Managed to hit legend for the first time last season which was a big milestone for me. I must have spent like $700 on this game by now

That was a super cool cover haha. Been meaning to get around to a cover myself for a while. Been practicing Memory Palace from the new Btbam album lately. Just need to set aside a day to not be lazy and actually record it.

Last edited by vayne92 : 05-20-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #148
Freepower

XD

I think I've spent less than that on MTG and Dota2 combined! What's legend mean functionally? Like top 2% of active players or such?

Yeah I'm usually working on like 10 covers at once. Some take years (Shawn Lane stuff for example!) and some are just a weeks work. I really like doing the condensed riff covers because I know from youtube analytics that people only really want to watch approx a minute of the really tasty stuff.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:11 AM   #149
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

I used to play a lot of Dota 2. Have ~1500 games or so. Haven't played since 6.80 though, but I still watch the pro scene. I was 4.5k mmr which is all right I suppose. I spent about $1000 on dota 2

I used to try and do 1 cover a month, but if the inspiration doesn't strike it doesn't generally happen. Last song that inspired me before the new stuff from Btbam's album was Ocean by John Butler. That was a fun one to learn!

Legend was the top 0.25% last season. Once you get past rank 1 you get to Legend and then you're placed in a separate ladder system with only other players who are Legend. The difference between a top legend player and just an average one like myself is pretty massive. I could never compete with those top top players. It's always exciting matching up against professional players though, even if I generally lose
Old 05-21-2015, 04:27 AM   #150
Freepower

4.5 is pretty legit, I was at 4.1 when I was playing a lot, 4.5 is comfortably in the top 1% which is good by any reasonable measure.

Yeah the skill cliff is pretty intense once you're in with the serious dudes. I remember one year in a guitar masterclass I was one of the best amateur guitar players... and the worst professionals were easily twice as good as I was! Bit of a wake up call there - not to mention the instructors were out of this world!

Rate This Thread: