User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-14-2012, 04:40 AM   #221
Deadlock Riff
UG's Dark Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar0player
Yeah, but let him be ******ed, we need amusement.

I thought the poster was female. .o

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Deadlock Riff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #222
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlock Riff
I thought the poster was female. .o

Then let him/her be ******ed.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #223
hoobariffer87
UG's Haruhiist

Quote:
^^^ @hoobariffer87

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to switch? Most people I know who's MTF/FTM take about 1.5years/2yrs

I've been on hormones for about 8 months but it's been a little over a year since my first therapist visit. I can't actually switch over full time until I move out because my parents are ****ed in the head (living at home still because economy is ****ed, working on that), but I've been passing for the last two or three months. Making the full switch takes around two years mainly because of money issues. Also, it takes hormones 2-3 years to have their maximum effect and most people aren't comfortable switching until they can pass pretty reliably. With enough money you could technically do it as fast as someone will write you a letter of recommendation for surgery (if you want it), which usually takes around a year on hormones or living as your identified gender; whichever comes last. If you don't want surgery, then there's basically no limit on how fast you can switch over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
hoobariffer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #224
MightyAri
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
I found a .gif that adequately describes me reading through this thread:

MightyAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #225
Deadlock Riff
UG's Dark Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoobariffer87
I've been on hormones for about 8 months but it's been a little over a year since my first therapist visit. I can't actually switch over full time until I move out because my parents are ****ed in the head (living at home still because economy is ****ed, working on that), but I've been passing for the last two or three months. Making the full switch takes around two years mainly because of money issues. Also, it takes hormones 2-3 years to have their maximum effect and most people aren't comfortable switching until they can pass pretty reliably. With enough money you could technically do it as fast as someone will write you a letter of recommendation for surgery (if you want it), which usually takes around a year on hormones or living as your identified gender; whichever comes last. If you don't want surgery, then there's basically no limit on how fast you can switch over.

Are you going for surgery?

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Deadlock Riff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #226
hoobariffer87
UG's Haruhiist

Quote:
Are you going for surgery?

Eventually. But with the amount of money involved, current insurance practices, and the local economy, it's practically a pipe dream at this point. I try not to think about it too much because it's kinda painful. Maybe something drastic will change in a few years and it'll become more accessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
hoobariffer87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: