Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #61
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Dungeons
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDawson
That entirely depends on the pokemon using crunch. I don't think I have ever encountered a wild pokemon who OHKO'd a Kadabra of mine with that move. If I encountered a trainer of dark pokemon (one of the Elite Four members in Crystal or Ruby used dark pokemon I believe) I would just use another pokemon.

That's why you don't depend on one pokemon; it's just silly to only level up one of them. Types add a nice dynamic to the game- which I am sure you're well aware of.

All things considered, early on I find Kadabra to be an excellent group leader who holds his/her own later on as well; surely this isn't that hard to believe?

Why all the Kadabra hate?

Because there are far better psychic types, like Espeon. Espeon is used in exactly the same way that you would use Kadabra, but they're overall more powerful in every way. They're amazing special sweepers, with their speed and special attack rivaling that of a lot of legendary pokemon. Plus, they're pretty.

A strong pokemon should be able to withstand attacks, even attacks that they're weak to. Kadabra simply cannot do that. Espeon isn't very good at that either, but at least they can do it better than Kadabra can.
__________________
If you wish to go with your gut, you must first acquire a gut.

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 01-20-2013 at 12:20 PM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #62
Philip_pepper
Banned
 
Philip_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Pikajew, obviously.
Philip_pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #63
Highelf04
UG's ONLY Batgirl
 
Highelf04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fighting the many Villains of Gotham
cubone
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOfGlove
i punched a shark once

in the balls

LEICESTER CITY


Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ClockHouseBand

Clockhouse is a thing
Find us
Listen to us
Love us
Highelf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #64
Minkaro
Never Forget ;_;
 
Minkaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Serious answer: Scyther or Gyarados.
__________________
Manchester United


I've been known to wear a fine black suit and a murder of a tie
I've got miles on my shoes that your brothers can't buy


Twitter

Youtube (I play video games badly)
Minkaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #65
lushacrous
drunkacrous
 
lushacrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: actually in Indiana
Venusaur with second place Lapras

Never occurred to me, but I guess I just like dinosaurs
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
lushacrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #66
Rockford_rocks
RobFord_rocks
 
Rockford_rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Lansing, MI
Salamence, Scizor, and Ludicolo
__________________
Where did my sig go
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #67
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos
 
daytripper75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: King's Landing - Formerly Braavos
I've always really liked Arcanine.
__________________

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #68
'Merican
Assmilk
 
'Merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sssnakepit
Umbreon.
__________________
SNSD
'Merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #69
pwnadgebunny
Registered User
 
pwnadgebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the limelight


my 2nd favorite (i posted Eevee earlier)
__________________

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
pwnadgebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #70
Ducky-Kun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Can't believe nobody's said it yet, but: Slowpoke.

He's just the coolest pokemon. Slow, kind at heart and the ****er doesn't even notice being bit in the tail until like a day after.

For me, no other pokemon comes close to the cool- and relaxedness of Slowpoke.
Ducky-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #71
eGraham
Fishing's not that hard
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Articuno
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.




October 23, 2014
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #72
JimDawson
Storywriter, Guitar nerd.
 
JimDawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
Because there are far better psychic types, like Espeon. Espeon is used in exactly the same way that you would use Kadabra, but they're overall more powerful in every way. They're amazing special sweepers, with their speed and special attack rivaling that of a lot of legendary pokemon. Plus, they're pretty.

A strong pokemon should be able to withstand attacks, even attacks that they're weak to. Kadabra simply cannot do that. Espeon isn't very good at that either, but at least they can do it better than Kadabra can.


If I had an Eevee I would probably just evolve it into an Umbreon because I'd already have a decent psychic pokemon. Never really been that into Eevee or it's evolutions though. I'm not saying Espeon sucks or anything of the sort- that would be wrong- just that I would rather have an Umbreon. Although, I suppose it would all depend on what my team looked like at that point. Back in the Crystal days I did have a bit of a thing for dark pokemon though...

I've played the game and I have seen Kadabra take a beating. Recover can really make up for that low defense value in lots of situations- especially in the wild. No amount of arguing can magically change this! Is this really that hard to believe? I'm not trying to say Kadabra is the best non-legendary in the game either- that's easily disproven with a base stat table.

I brought this one up specifically because I have had lots of great moments using a Kadabra. Kadabra has been in every pokemon game I have played, and I sought it out for good reasons. Overall, I would say Kadabra is probably my favourite pokemon for a variety of things come to think of it. There are many pokemon I have used, but I think I may just be the most familiar with Kadabra. After all, it was the first one to come to mind when I entered this thread. Things like familiarity and nostalgia have a lot to do with what people consider their "favourite" I imagine. Kadabra wouldn't be that memorable to me if it was useless either.

Besides, there's lots of other people mentioning pokemon they like in this thread- don't just single me out!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I ****ed ereythang up...
JimDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #73
raoooos
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Mr. Mime > Kadabra



awww shiiiit
raoooos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #74
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Dungeons
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDawson
If I had an Eevee I would probably just evolve it into an Umbreon because I'd already have a decent psychic pokemon. Never really been that into Eevee or it's evolutions though. I'm not saying Espeon sucks or anything of the sort- that would be wrong- just that I would rather have an Umbreon. Although, I suppose it would all depend on what my team looked like at that point. Back in the Crystal days I did have a bit of a thing for dark pokemon though...

I've played the game and I have seen Kadabra take a beating. Recover can really make up for that low defense value in lots of situations- especially in the wild. No amount of arguing can magically change this! Is this really that hard to believe? I'm not trying to say Kadabra is the best non-legendary in the game either- that's easily disproven with a base stat table.

I brought this one up specifically because I have had lots of great moments using a Kadabra. Kadabra has been in every pokemon game I have played, and I sought it out for good reasons. Overall, I would say Kadabra is probably my favourite pokemon for a variety of things come to think of it. There are many pokemon I have used, but I think I may just be the most familiar with Kadabra. After all, it was the first one to come to mind when I entered this thread. Things like familiarity and nostalgia have a lot to do with what people consider their "favourite" I imagine. Kadabra wouldn't be that memorable to me if it was useless either.

Besides, there's lots of other people mentioning pokemon they like in this thread- don't just single me out!

I can certainly understand you wanting an Umbreon, as i love them too. They're hard as hell to knock out.
__________________
If you wish to go with your gut, you must first acquire a gut.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #75
JimDawson
Storywriter, Guitar nerd.
 
JimDawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
I can certainly understand you wanting an Umbreon, as i love them too. They're hard as hell to knock out.


You sound like you'd know more about that than I would. Hell, it was more than ten years ago when I played Crystal and about seven or eight since I played Ruby. Sadly, both of them were stolen from me by two different people.

Honestly, I was expecting you to post something really immature like "U mad?" or something.

No offense, it's just how I saw this going. You know what the internet's like.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I ****ed ereythang up...

Last edited by JimDawson : 01-20-2013 at 06:52 PM.
JimDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #76
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Dungeons
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDawson
You sound like you'd know more about that than I would. Hell, it was more than ten years ago when I played Crystal and about seven or eight since I played Ruby. Sadly, both of them were stolen from me by two different people.

Honestly, I was expecting you to post something really immature like "U mad?" or something.

Don't tempt me.

If you want to know about Pokemon though, Bulbapedia is your best friend.
__________________
If you wish to go with your gut, you must first acquire a gut.

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 01-20-2013 at 06:52 PM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #77
JimDawson
Storywriter, Guitar nerd.
 
JimDawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Actually, I was just there. I remember looking up lots of stuff like EV training and base stat tables on Gamefaqs back in the day.

One time I actually tried a really extensive Bagon breeding program to get the best IVs possible. I think I bred some move too, but I can't remember if that's even possible with a Bagon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I ****ed ereythang up...
JimDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #78
Benny Blanco
Registered User
 
Benny Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Starmie is ****ing BRUTAL
Benny Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #79
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Dungeons
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDawson
Actually, I was just there. I remember looking up lots of stuff like EV training and base stat tables on Gamefaqs back in the day.

One time I actually tried a really extensive Bagon breeding program to get the best IVs possible. I think I bred some move too, but I can't remember if that's even possible with a Bagon.

Just get a Smeargle.
__________________
If you wish to go with your gut, you must first acquire a gut.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #80
zilant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Always had a soft spot for Vulpix/Ninetales.
zilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.