Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
Jesse0315

Need advice about band members

OK so I'm stuck in a situation where my bassist isn't sure if he will remain in the band. The main reason that this is happening is because I kicked out one of my guitarists recently due to personal business. He basically thought that his girlfriend was more important than his friend and he would say he couldn't show up to practice but hours later he was at his girlfriends house with no prior plans. That happened multiple times. So the bassist is a little conflicted at them moment about if he is going to stay or leave since he is friends with me and the guy I kicked out. I already know of someone who has several more years experience that would probably join the band if I need him too and he has good work ethic and would show up to practice. The current bassist has only shown up once and that was only because I was selling him a extra guitar and even then it was because the guitarist at the time arranged a ride for him.

Basically...
Jesse0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
MeTAL SOLDIER
Itīs a dog...

Dude if he dosen't show any interest just beacause the guitarist quited then i think its better to go with the other more experienced guy
MeTAL SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Jesse0315

Well I just talked to the bassist. We talked for a bit about the band and he left under pretty peaceful circumstances. I guess I'm going to talk to the potential replacement that I know.

Basically...
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
kilbie
Super Noob

That sounds like the best outcome. That way the bassist can still be friends with you and the other guitarist, and you will hopefully be able to replace him with the more experienced bassist.
kilbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
100%
Metal

Well, it looks like it's too late to throw in my 2 cents but good luck with your band bro. The aftermath of losing members can be awful but it's usually for the best
100% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 AM   #6
Jesse0315

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilbie
That sounds like the best outcome. That way the bassist can still be friends with you and the other guitarist, and you will hopefully be able to replace him with the more experienced bassist.

Yeah im still on go terms with the former bassist. The former guitarist not so much.

Basically...

Rate This Thread: