Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #2661
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Hottest temperature I've ever been in was 109F while on holiday in France when I was eleven. We had to hide in a church to keep cool, I farted on the relics.

These days I can cope with anything above 15c/60f without feeling like shit. I'm looking forward to winter here, now that I have my own place, now that I won't have some asshole housemate turning the heating on constantly because he's too ****ing ******ed to wear a jumper or something.

Also there are like twenty moths fluttering around my flat, if they touch my computer again I'm going to have to start burning them.
Spaz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #2662
anarkee
oh the horror!

It gets to the century mark a few times a year here. Some idiot always has to exclaim, "oh but it's A DRY heat ". Yeah., so is my oven but you wouldn't catch me sticking my head in there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter_101
Don't you mean "Why do we alcoholics keep taking about bass?"?
anarkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #2663
Vlasco
Turn of the century man!

100+ in high humidity is crippling, so there is some meaning to that phrase. I didn't mind the 107 I encountered for a week in Arizona nearly as much as the rare 100 days here which make me almost unable to wake up.
Vlasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM   #2664
anarkee
oh the horror!

I grew up in NJ which with the heat and humidity is like being in the devils armpit at times. However when it hits 100 F it's just damn hot period

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #2665
Vlasco
Turn of the century man!

Can't deny that. Where at in Jersey?
Vlasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #2666
anarkee
oh the horror!

I grew up in Bergen County. Close enough to NYC that on a good clear day you could see the skyline from the top of my parents house.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #2667
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark Mass
I come from a region of Japan which has temps that never strays above 29c and 65% all summer long. Something about that makes me cringe and sweat like nothing although it makes for perfect for instrument construction.

Anyways cool temps and rising humidity I can deal/live with since you don't sweat tankers full of sweat.

Most of the time here it doesn't go above about 21C in the summer. You get the odd heatwave (or even the odd single day) where it gets hotter than that, though, and that's annoying since we have no air con or anything cos you don't need it 99% of the time (plus houses are designed to retain heat).

I could be wrong but I think the humidity here hovers around the mid 60s to mid 70s% when it's not raining and gets up more towards 100% when it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
Hottest temperature I've ever been in was 109F while on holiday in France when I was eleven. We had to hide in a church to keep cool, I farted on the relics.

These days I can cope with anything above 15c/60f without feeling like shit. I'm looking forward to winter here, now that I have my own place, now that I won't have some asshole housemate turning the heating on constantly because he's too ****ing ******ed to wear a jumper or something.

Also there are like twenty moths fluttering around my flat, if they touch my computer again I'm going to have to start burning them.

LOL

You sound like me... I can cope with a little hotter than that, my sweet spot is probably between about 15 and 20C. But yeah I hate it when other people always want to crank up the heat, normally I'm already too warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #2668
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
LOL

You sound like me... I can cope with a little hotter than that, my sweet spot is probably between about 15 and 20C. But yeah I hate it when other people always want to crank up the heat, normally I'm already too warm.

It's especially bad when all the hot water pipes go through your room so you can just turn the radiators off. This new place doesn't have mains hot water; it's all electrics so I have complete control. (i.e. I have chucked che radiators in a cupboard, never to be seen again.)

The bass I was going to buy is now on hold for another customer. **** everything, this decision should have been made by now.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #2669
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

ah yeah that's annoying. we have a few radiators in our house which go on even when you just turn on the hot water heater as a safety mechanism, but the obvious negative is that those rooms get really warm if you just want hot water...

that sucks about the bass I often find I only realise I actually wanted something when it's no longer available. very annoying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #2670
Spaz91
Turd polisher

I've found another shop that sells the bass I want but only in a 6 string version, a vintage one and a more expensive deluxe model that isn't actually much better. I'm not sure I want to compromise at all when we're talking nearly 1.5k.
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #2671
Ziphoblat
Hazardous

I was on holiday in southern Turkey during a heatwave and it reached the mid 50's in Celsius (~130 Fahrenheit). It's usually the lower end of the 40's in Turkey, which I can tolerate/enjoy - 55C was insane though. Just laying down in that heat caused you to get short of breath, perhaps because of the sheer humidity in the air.
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #2672
pachap
Hack in training.

I just spent $631 to get a kidney stone removed from my cat. He is the meanest a**hole of a cat you have ever seen.

On a better note, my doctor took me off narcotic pain pills and I am tolerating it well. So now I can drink again.
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #2673
anarkee
oh the horror!

As I write this a plumber is under my house replacing pipes. Well either that or a Balrog has taken up residence and is not happy I hate home ownership at these times

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #2674
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziphoblat
I was on holiday in southern Turkey during a heatwave and it reached the mid 50's in Celsius (~130 Fahrenheit). It's usually the lower end of the 40's in Turkey, which I can tolerate/enjoy - 55C was insane though. Just laying down in that heat caused you to get short of breath, perhaps because of the sheer humidity in the air.

That's just goddamn unnatural. My gf wants to go on a tour of SE Asia, I've told her she has to find and buy me a full set up air conditioned clothes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachap
I just spent $631 to get a kidney stone removed from my cat. He is the meanest a**hole of a cat you have ever seen.
On a better note, my doctor took me off narcotic pain pills and I am tolerating it well. So now I can drink again.

This is the most 'Bass Forum' post I have ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkee
As I write this a plumber is under my house replacing pipes. Well either that or a Balrog has taken up residence and is not happy I hate home ownership at these times

Low flow toilets are the cause of all plumbing problems. My new flat has one and I foresee dark times.
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #2675
pachap
Hack in training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkee

My wife and I owned our home from 2000 to 2004, then sold and bought a new one which we owned from 2004 to 2008. We have rented since 2008. The reason why is that the quality of most new contruction in our area is not worth purchasing because of the problems that will creep up in a few years.

In the last 6 years of renting we have saved up a large down payment to start building our "dream' home at some point next year. It's not going to be big and glamorous, it's just going to have certain "indulgences" like proper insulation and HVAC . But you need a custom home in my area to get those things any longer.

And yeah low flow toilets suck. Or rather they don't suck well enough, that's why they suck. Why have a toilet that uses half the water but you have to flush it 3 times to get it to function properly?
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #2676
Tostitos
Got Mead?

That's why I don't believe in the term "low flow" toilet. It's really just a triple-flush-toilet. And what happens when you have to flush all your drugs during the police raid? Worthless piece of plumbing.

Spector and Markbass

DeviantART
Crevado
Tostitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #2677
dark Mass
衣笠

Pressure assisted flush or PAF is what most homeowners should have in their bathrooms.

Anyways I got some news from my contacts on Ibanez and a few other brands.

1.Fender will have some MiJ/CiJ instruments sold outside of Japan through FSE/R models.
2.Ibanez is going to be switching the higher quality Jescar NS fretwire to Polymet NS fretwire to cut down on costs.
3.Gotoh and Takeuchi have both renewed their contracts with Ibanez and Tokai for their in house hardware.

Rate This Thread: