Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
ccannon1
Band Geek

Tightness in throat

Lately I've felt a tightness in my throat when I've tried to sing... but this tightness only ever occurs when I'm constrained to certain volumes. What does this mean?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake

Insufficient amounts of air through the vocal chords in relation to how high the pitch of the note is can cause them to seem tight, as there's not enough air to open them enough to allow correct resonance.

Straining will also cause your vocal chords to feel tight or stiff. This can be due to singing beyond range, pushing excessive amounts of air through the throat - as in more than necessary, singing too abrasively, or illness in relation to trying to sing as you would when healthy.

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #3
HGKnights

Any good way to recover from it?

Check out my band! Metal from Tacoma WA!
HGKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake

^A vocal fast works, but it means no talking for a day or so. Hot non-thick liquids like tea with some honey - stay away from milk or dairy, lots of sugars - anything that thickens your mucous.

Outside of that, go easy on your voice for a while - if you've strained your chords to the point of them being really tight when you sing, you're risking a tear or developing polyps, so just go soft for a while, make sure to warm up before really blowing it out once you recover, and use your head. If it feels wrong, it probably is.

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
simran23

I also suffer from strep throat so many times but i never take medicines or go to doctor according to me home remedies is the best treatment for this disease i have also seen a very good article on natural remedies for sore and atrep throat. Do gargle with salt water 4-5 times a day.mix half tea-spoon salt with warm water gargle it and then spit out.
Melt one-half teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of heated water and then gargle it.Take 1 sppon of honey and ginger juice and take a liitle bit of turmeric powder mix all these things and then drink it.please visit http://healthinfoblog.info/natural-...d-strep-throat/ to know more about remedies.
hope you will feel better soon.
simran23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: