Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-29-2014, 04:47 AM   #1
thrashbass69

Question about different Schecter models

I recently bought a c-1 Hellraiser fr. After I bought it I've realized that many Schecters.(Omen, Damien, Blackjacks etc) have basically the same body shape, head stock shape, etc and the Hellraiser. I know certain parts are different. Body wood, neck wood. Is the main difference that some models are more high end than others?

And if thats the case which models are considered low and and which are higher?
thrashbass69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
pantallica87
Schecter Wh0re

Yes
Active Pick ups, fretboard artwork, paint finish, set neck, headstock artwork/finish, binding..... The more you add, the more guitars cost. Thats the difference between high end and low end and the same goes for any manufacturer. The price will usually indicate whether the guitar is utter crap or not. Omens are the cheap beginner guitars, Damiens follow close behind but offer intermediate upgrades on Damien Elite models, Blackjacks and Hellraisers are on par for the most part. The only difference between those are pickup brands and paint finishes. Schecter offers all their models (guitar shapes) in both low and high end.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50
Boss TU-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Ibanez TS-9
MXR Smart Gate
pantallica87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
the_bi99man

Pantallica pretty much nailed it, but I'll add something I've found helps explain it to people at the store I work at.

You may have mistaken the names 'Hellraiser', 'Omen', 'Blackjack', etc. to be referring to body shapes. They are not. Those are the names that indicate which "Line" the guitar is from. The Lines are usually available in at least a couple different body shapes, and are defined by certain features which are shared by all the models. Things like pickups, finish options, construction style (bolt on neck, set neck, or neck through body), neck inlays, wood choices, that kind of thing.

Their body shapes are what the other part of name is for. You have the C-1, which is their standard, common double cutaway shape, also called the C-7, C-8, and C-9 for versions with more strings. Then there's the Solo-6, which is the Les Paul-ish shape, with a kind of offset to the curves, the new Solo-II, which is a more direct Les Paul copy, the Avenger, which is the (in)famous Synyster Gates guitar, even though they've been making it since before Avenged Sevenfold existed, and the Tempest, and quite a few others that aren't as common.

Hope that helps clear it up.
the_bi99man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:45 AM   #4
thrashbass69

Yes it does. Both of you. Much appreciated.

You were right I did just assume that the body style was the model...like every other guitar company but the way they do it makes snese. It is a wicked guitar.

I have an EC-1000 and this and I play this one way more.

Last edited by thrashbass69 : 07-30-2014 at 04:46 AM.
thrashbass69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
the_bi99man

Yeah, that used to confuse me, too. Then I started working at a store that stocks Schecters, and pretty much had to figure it out for the sake of informing customers. Once I got it, I found it's actually a simpler and clearer way to label them than some other companies use. Like Jackson. They got some good guitars, particularly at the higher end, but god damn I hate their model/line naming system.
the_bi99man is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: