Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
scarethecrows

[C4C & no BT] Love is War by Supercell

https://soundcloud.com/xscarethecro...-instrumental-1

This is my slightly heavier take on a classic vocaloid song. My friend may do vocals on it in the near future. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by scarethecrows : 01-18-2014 at 03:42 PM.
scarethecrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
dagget

Hey thanks for your crit on my video!

This is really well done man. The production, mixing and playing is all very tight and professional sounding. Add some vocals to it and its gona be kickass.

If I was being really picky, I'd say maybe some more eq/mixing on the drums, but overall this is sick. I was headbanging listening to it haha good job.
dagget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:07 AM   #3
Lovecannon
The Baddest

Hey man I checked it out, and while I don't know the original song, your instrumental sounds great and has an overall pleasing guitar tone. I didn't notice any major mistakes or anything like that so good job!
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:
  • ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Lovecannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #4
veggielover

I am not familiar with the original song, but it sounded very good . I liked the quieter parts better. The only weak point was the drums, which sounded a bit too electronic/programmed. Also a video on youtube would be more interesting to watch.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
69bajaguy

Sweet panning with the two sounds in the intro. I think the kick could use a bit more power, but I do like the tone of the kick. Super awesome swell into the big part at 1:40, nicely done. I really like the dynamic range throughout this song. The guitar part that comes in at 2:36 (and earlier) could use a bit of eq work (sorry but I'm no eq whiz so I'm not really sure what would need to be adjusted without playing with it myself), though that might have been the sound you were looking for. It's also a little bit off the beat at points, just a little bit though. The eq of the guitars in the choruses (I think they're choruses) have a bit of a nasal quality to them, which I think is just a bit too much mids (high-mids maybe??). Also, the bass guitar needs to sound fuller, I could especially hear it in the softer parts. Even though I've said a lot of things that I think could be improved, they're really small things because overall, this song really sounds really good. With the right vocals, this song could really be spectacular. I've never head the original version, but it sounds to me like some Chris Daughtry-esque vocals would be perfect. I'm thinking of his sound in the chorus of "What I Want "
69bajaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: