Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
greeny23
Mechromancer

Klon you say..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonk
I just got home.
I amde sooooo ****ign wated i thought it wqqs 8Am
GUSSS THT WHAT HAPPNS WHEN YOU SISTER OWND A BDAR ANF YOU GE FREEE DRINL.
greeny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #22
kai29

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny23
Klon you say..

Yeah! They are the only people that I've ever had a connection with that own them. The guy has two pedalboards for different amps. But he bought the gold centaur when it originally came out and picked up a silver when those were released. He couldn't get another gold. He showed me how they sound different and I have to agree. They do have slight differences from each other. I preferred the gold one. Nobody I know has a KTR though. The only guy I know with klons says he woudn't need it. I don't blame him.

The way it reacted with the guitar was great, but I didn't like the higher gain settings. I really only need something with higher gain. Before I bought either pedal I was wondering if it'd be worth it to save and just get this legendary piece of history or even a clone like the AFII or something, but that'll just have to wait because I no longer need the boost.
kai29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #23
mmolteratx
UG God

The differences between different Klon colors is bull shit. I've owned a silver horsie Centaur and currently have a KTR. There's no difference in circuit between any of the Centaurs, and the only difference with the KTR is something that doesn't affect the sound at all. Any differences are slight and normal due to parts tolerances (meaning two golds will sound as alike as a gold ans ilver) or entirely in your head.
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
mmolteratx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #24
lbj273
UG God

This thread needs more joyo
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}

lbj273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #25
kai29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmolteratx
The differences between different Klon colors is bull shit. I've owned a silver horsie Centaur and currently have a KTR. There's no difference in circuit between any of the Centaurs, and the only difference with the KTR is something that doesn't affect the sound at all. Any differences are slight and normal due to parts tolerances (meaning two golds will sound as alike as a gold ans ilver) or entirely in your head.

I don't know man. He had the same settings on both the gold and silver A/Bed and the silver definitely didn't sounds exactly the same. It was close, but he had to turn one of the knobs up slightly to match the tone and even then there was something different. The KTR sounds way different from the demos I've heard regardless of whether it's in buffered or bypass.
kai29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #26
mmolteratx
UG God

First is due to component tolerances. There is no circuit difference. Bill has said as much himself. KTR sounds exactly the same, as it should since the only circuit difference is when in TB mode, and isn't significant enough to make any audible difference. I've owned both, tested frequency response on both, run the clipped signal through an oscilloscope, etc. No differences, and Bill will tell you the same thing. Everything else is hype, and incredibly misguided.
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
mmolteratx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #27
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ you should try putting one of your klons into a massive brass case, and see how that sounds

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: