Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #101
logboy

Aye, the art for Incorrigible Bigotry is amazing, especially when you check out the rest of the series by the artist.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #102
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

This band completes my life.
Your gratitude shown in my death
severed-metal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #103
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Absolutely demolishing intro riff, like having your body drug out over the circumference of the Earth. Shame they aren't up to much these days and aren't going to be for sometime.

One of the only bands worth waiting for if you ask me.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #104
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penisaur
Strangle, what is this Usain Bolt you speak of. They have no MA page?

LOL

I just read through all three pages of this thread, holy hell is this old I think some of the conversation here cleared some presumptions I had about this band's nature though, I thought they were made up of a handful of silly white power skinheads.

Anyways, this is quality melodic death metal with real aggression and it seems like they are never short of great riffs. I'll be listening through "Galloping.." and "Incorrigable Bigotry" soon.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #105
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Let's not forget Hornets of the Pogrom now. The Nubian Archer is worth the album by itself. I'd recommend you do it soon, but really, you have plenty of time before they get back to releasing the music.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #106
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&...8Y&feature=fvwp

I mean, just listen to it. Arghoslent made a "soft" sounding song, and still made it intense. As far as I'm concerned, this is the only band that exists for the next 5 hours.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #107
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

That opening riff is ridiculously major xD

Great song though, they seem to have an anthemic, almost graceful quality to many of their riffs.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #108
InvaderTSN
Praise the sun!

My favorite song is the one that had Tupac on it.
InvaderTSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #109
TrippyGuitarist

Took me a couple listens, but I am digging these guys.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #110
FrauVfromPoB
A Reasonably Talented Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
Let's not forget Hornets of the Pogrom now. The Nubian Archer is worth the album by itself. I'd recommend you do it soon, but really, you have plenty of time before they get back to releasing the music.

The Nubian Archer is probably one of my favorite death metal songs ever. Dat opening riff. I personally think the historical accuracy (albeit from a VERY biased perspective ) takes some of the edge off the blatant racism that may otherwise be offensive. The quality of the music is undeniable, though, and it's not like I can understand a word they're saying anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Lightfoot
I opened the door and went round and round and I banged my head and then my arm fell off.
FrauVfromPoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #111
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

They have a weird thing going on. All of their words are backed up by historical accuracy, and they disprove highly of weakness. This was an interview for Stormfront forums:

Quote:
POGROM: Of course, the nature of man dictates the course of history. Although no culture is decay-proof, as self-destruction and miscegenation are also imbedded in man's nature, certain types are more prone to subjugation than others. Levels of resistance and/or subordination differ from group to group, as well as numerous variables pertaining to climate, heredity, and geographical location. Nevertheless, we find that the success of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade was partly successful due to the low level of culture present amongst the subjugated African empires. With that said, one can argue that such transport and implementation of forced labor was eased by the fact that members of this lowly flock were fairly docile and ignorant, brutish and superstitious, inferior and condemned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excerpt from an interview with Holocausto
Holocausto: Again, your query merits a response of doctoral thesis length. We canít realistically delve into this topic with much success. Slavery of the inferior and conquering of the infirm is as old a concept as human advancement, and it will continue to be a practice in countries unimpeded by diplomacy and industrialization. This is the imperial frame of mind, and we see it rampant even today. The simian abominations that stain our country a repugnant shade of tar seem to think they are the only creatures that have been victims of enslavement. Of course anyone with the ability and curiosity to read even a single book once in a while knows that the odious Sambos were just another feeble race to fall victim to militarily superior aggressors (in their case, the stronger and more savvy monkey-tribes that sold the flee-ridden creatures to European merchants). Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, the Mayans, the Huns, you name the culture and youíll find slavery as a key constituent in their scaffolding of triumph. How were the grand designs of the pyramids implemented? By subservient mongrel dogs of course. Slaves can indeed be used to the great advantage and advancement of a superior civilization. Come to think of it, the United States is the only civilization that comes to mind to have been utterly defaced and destroyed by the presence of sub-human slaves.

But, Pogrom has also stated in another interview:
Quote:
POGROM: Culture implies the same to me as it does to everyone else. Where I differ from others is the importance to civilization of such culture. Many do not deem it fair to judge cultures on traditional good/bad or advanced/backwards scales. Is it really unfair to compare the culture of the Amerindians (letís say the Iriquois for example) to that of the Berbers of Northern Africa? What if we compare the ancient Greek culture to the Maori culture of New Zealand? Without such comparison we can never attribute ethnic, climatic, or topographical factors to their progression, historic importance, or eventual decline. I believe all anthropological factors are important in determining the importance or value of any culture.

They're a fickle band for lyrical content, but I can't say it plays too much into how much I enjoy their music. I find the lyrics interesting from both a historical viewpoint and a literary viewpoint. But I feel very odd talking about this so I'm going to stop, because I know someone will misconstrue my point.

I will just say that I believe what they're saying has historical accuracy, and I wouldn't write them off for their viewpoints if they refer to black people as "sub-human," since they have their reasons as much as anyone does for saying black people aren't sub-human. They are not dumb rednecks, they are biased against weakness that they have seen.

I don't think black people are sub-human. This is why it's a tricky subject.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #112
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

I actually recently read that interview just the other day while searching online for more info on the band, and browsed the stormfront forums for a few minutes... as a chinese person and somebody who doesn't buy into the whole racial superiority hate club thing, it just made me shake my head...

I did come across this thread called "how to spot a jew" and it was just so ridiculously anti semetic and silly I couldn't help but laugh

Old 03-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #113
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemetalhead
as a chinese person

Man some of the most adamant "Racially Superior" fan-club members in history have been Chinese.
Iím not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural
It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
VampireGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #114
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

I meant that as a chinese person, you can't expect me to buy into white supremacy :p

I've spent a fair amount of time with all sorts of races though, and I can attest that damn near everybody holds some degree of racial prejudice and superiority. Then you have a lot of confused types who desperately wish they were another race lol. There is much value in ethnic and cultural pride, and to be honest I think much of "racism" is harmless and overblown, but when you have sorts of bigoted hate cults then racism becomes a source of social trouble and regression.

Last edited by piratemetalhead : 03-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.
piratemetalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #115
CurbstompBass
Bassist Ordinaire

What a bunch of faux-intellectual dribble. Terrible people, decent music.
CurbstompBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #116
NosferatuZodd09
Maiden thread -> Barf

I don't think the intro riff to Archaic Invincibility is that great but that riff/section at 2:25 is ****ing awesome. Every song has a redeeming moment though IMO. The solos in Quelling The Simian Urge are some of my favorites of all time haha. I've yet to give Galloping a good listen though.. nothing stuck out for me the first few times.
NosferatuZodd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #117
Born Headless

The music grabbed me in but it was the racism that really sold me on these guys. I mean, we're all equal and stuff but those subhuman negros, THEY'RE the real problem, amirite guys? Glad there's a thread where we like minded thinkers can congregate.
Born Headless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 AM   #118
dillonrips7
UG Sodomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbstompBass
What a bunch of faux-intellectual dribble. Terrible people, decent music.

You should get curbstomped....

These guys are the shit, they take an obviously objective standpoint on racism, as Jon said, they have as valid reasons to devalue them as a race as PC liberals have to elevate them as a race. T

Rate This Thread: