Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
Soldier Poet
Registered and Used

Looking for Clues: synthy music like this is not exactly my thing. But when the vocals came in I really started to like it, a bit industrial maybe, which I like. I personally think it could do with some more dark fuzzy sounds. Maybe to add some more variation you could add little extra noises and details, maybe an extra beat on top of the existing beat for a certain section (I find that always works really well for variation).

People Drive: I like this one even more. Though again, I keep expecting fuzzy darkness! But that's just my personal preference, really. I guess I could give the same advice for this song as I gave for Looking for Clues, although I think it's more varied. It's good as it is.

Please give my song a listen too and comment: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1578204

Experimental/indie/postrock/triphop music, if you comment on my stuff, I comment on yours!
Soldier Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #22
Imraotnh

Looking for clues: it will be perfect for a James Bond film soundtrack! It has a similar feeling to Golden Eye or Thunderball. Nice vocals too. Do you sing all the parts? If yes, you have pretty good vocal range. Nicely done (and the better from the two tracks for me at least).

People drive: I am not a big fan of this style of music, but nevertheless I like your track. It is little monotonous but the solo at the second minute was a nice surprise. Maybe you can try to break the monotony of the rhythm.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1579329
Imraotnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #23
aaron aardvark

Soldier Poet & Imraotnh,
Thank you for your reviews! I appreciate it! Yes, I sang all of the vocals in both songs.
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 AM   #24
naybnbyuwn

looking for clues: love the 70s/80s vibe of the song, especially with the corny vocals and dirty synths. mixing is really good, although maybe you should have some more audible guitars since this IS a guitar forum (not that it affects the quality of the song haha)

people drive: slap bassy intro is awesome, although IMO an actual bass would sound better. Love the lead synth than comes in around 1:00. maybe play around with the EQ a bit so that the vocals are more clear without having to turn up the volume, why may make the mix too muddy.

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...79#post30800179
naybnbyuwn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: