Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
CelestialGuitar
Celestial Wish Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragTheWaters11
What I said about the variables on guitar was true though, do you write on an actual guitar or just in the program? I'm actually just genuinely interested about how people on here write their music.

I thought I'd answer this too, to give you more answers, I actually don't agree with the idea of writing a song on guitar, as you'll draw on your muscle memory quite a lot, and you'll be limited to only playing things you can already play, and that restricts your creativity. I don't often write guitar riffs, as I'm in a Symphonic Metal band, meaning the orchestra carries most of the sound, but my best guitar riff which is most likely the first time I've featured a guitar part in one of my band's song, is, I dare say, one of the most difficult riffs in Power/Symphonic Metal and it even gives some Prog Metal riffs a run for their money, and learning that made me a better guitarist, so there are many benefits to composing in Guitar Pro. My general process of writing songs is 'Write in Guitar Pro > Export Drum Midi to Reaper > Export drumless Guitar Pro wav to Reaper > Put orchestra on it', and that's worked brilliantly for me.

Mesa Dual Rectifier
TC Electronic Polytune
T Rex MAB Overdrive
Boss NS-2
ESP Horizon NT See Thru Black (D Standard)

Celestial Wish on Youtube
CelestialGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: