Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
strife927

Guns N' Roses - Nightrain COVER

Hi Guys, just want to know how you guys think I did.
It's my first cover with video I did (Yeah, I got tired of retakes so I went with the mistakes lol)

Please tell me how I did ;-;

Also, I'm new to music theory, so my improvisation with the solo might sound crap.

strife927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
strife927

No one? ;-;
Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
LesPaulGuy514
Actually likes Ibanez

The harmonies sounded quite a bit off wherever you did them, and the verse riff was off (Granted, that riff is a bit tricky. Took me a while to get it down when I first learned it.) It seemed like you missed the E string notes and just muted out the strings instead, or at least it sounded like it. During the second part of the first solo, the rhythm guitar was completely wrong, you were playing the wrong chords. Chorus part was pretty good rhythm wise. The first part of the first solo needed a little more work, it was pretty choppy. Second part was pretty strong though. The end solo started off pretty good, but kind of lost it in the middle, but you picked it up again. Overall, it was an okay cover, but it definitely needs more practice and polishing up.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1613138
Old 08-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
strife927

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaulGuy514
The harmonies sounded quite a bit off wherever you did them, and the verse riff was off (Granted, that riff is a bit tricky. Took me a while to get it down when I first learned it.) It seemed like you missed the E string notes and just muted out the strings instead, or at least it sounded like it. During the second part of the first solo, the rhythm guitar was completely wrong, you were playing the wrong chords. Chorus part was pretty good rhythm wise. The first part of the first solo needed a little more work, it was pretty choppy. Second part was pretty strong though. The end solo started off pretty good, but kind of lost it in the middle, but you picked it up again. Overall, it was an okay cover, but it definitely needs more practice and polishing up.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1613138

ah, thanks for that. I'm pretty new to learning a song by ear so I took the fast way and didn't get that accurate. For the E string notes I thought it was palm muted, I guess I was wrong. Yeah, I see what you mean with all my errors. I need more practice! Haha! I've always known it's not this easy. :P
Thank you for the response though, I appreciate it.

Also, what's C4C?
Cover4Cover?
I'm pretty new.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
LesPaulGuy514
Actually likes Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife927
ah, thanks for that. I'm pretty new to learning a song by ear so I took the fast way and didn't get that accurate. For the E string notes I thought it was palm muted, I guess I was wrong. Yeah, I see what you mean with all my errors. I need more practice! Haha! I've always known it's not this easy. :P
Thank you for the response though, I appreciate it.

Also, what's C4C?
Cover4Cover?
I'm pretty new.

The E string is palm muted, it just sounded like you were more deadening (if that's a word hahaha) than muting. And practice makes perfect man! Definitely wasn't a bad cover by any means!

C4C means critique for critique. I'd recommend putting it in your thread titles and posts, it means that if someone critiques your cover, you will critique theirs. Makes it easier to get critiques and helps the community as a whole. Welcome aboard man! Hope to see more covers from you in the future!

Rate This Thread: