ur post overloaded my shitty old cellphone, thanks
chuck knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #22
Guitarra_acores

ultimate-anatomy.com
Guitarra_acores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
tommyionni

I started having hand cramping problems when I joined a band that tuned down to c standard and I switched to heavier strings- 12-56 (like that Malcolm guy in ACDC).
One thing that helped was keeping my potassium high because lack of it encourages muscle cramps. I would either put a banana in my case on have the bartender make me a drink with tonic water( lots of potassium.)
That was way back in 2002. Then 2004 I went to the Sabbath/ Priest( with Halford)
and it got me curious about string gauges cuz Tony sounded much heavier that Glenn and KK. So here is what Tony uses .008, .008, .011, .018w, .024w, .032w for standard tuning stuff. This info is on his website. I tried it and felt it was impossible. Then I began to have pain in my hands like shooting nerve pain. So I tried it again and also bought a treble booster that I plugged into my low gain input. For amp settings I again researched early Iommi interviews to find that he generally used Bass-0 mids-10 treble 10. The light strings really have a reduced treble response but still I expected it to sound nasty like Fender/Tele.To my surprise it sounded totally killer!. So I have been playing light strings since then and have recorded a couple of CD's with no more pain.
tommyionni is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: