Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
smtp4me

Computer Audio Interface

Hi,

I am looking into computer audio interface hardware, e.g. Apogee, Peavey Xport, iRig, ..., so that I can connect my bass to the computer and record tracks, etc.

I know there are many products for both the connection and recording software (e.g. Audacity, ProTools, GarageBand). For the purposes of this thread I would like to focus on the hardware.

Like many things, preferences are subjective, but I would like to hear from anyone who owns these devices: which products worked well for you and why; anything I should specifically look for (or avoid)? USB devices seem to be a good "middle of the road" solution.

Some additional info: I'm not a professional musician; I'm not trying to create a sophisticated home studio - I'm looking somewhere in the middle; I know the simplest solution is a 6.25 to 3.5 converter plugged into the computer microphone jack, and the price/complexity can go much higher from there; I would prefer something under $100 that works with both Windows and Mac (I have both).
smtp4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
DreamGate
Heshmuggah

i dont know if its for both Pc and mac but the Line6 pod gx seems like what you're looking for. Something great for beginners with pod farm being simple and with good tones for the price.
DreamGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

Go to the Recordings forum, there's a whole sticky full of interface recommendations.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Clay-man
Say no to saying no

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGate
i dont know if its for both Pc and mac but the Line6 pod gx seems like what you're looking for. Something great for beginners with pod farm being simple and with good tones for the price.

I got a GX when I tried to start recording guitar. It broke under a year but with the warranty already expired. Waste of time and money.
POD Farm is a nice addition but it's honestly sub-par modeling software compared to today's modeling software.

The POD HD stuff would be a better interface for Line6, but that costs a lot more than just 99 dollars.
Clay-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: