Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
King Twili
UG's Constable

The Wings of Icarus = WiP/Demo - Post-Doom/DSBM

As the title says, this is a work in progress - as such, a lot of the percussion is placeholder, in addition to the section at 8:12. So yeah, had some time and inspiration to get this recorded over the past few days, would be nice to get some thoughts on it.

http://soundcloud.com/aaron-stone/t...-of-icarus-demo

Mixing is minimal at this stage, this is literally just a demo as it stands.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
elementwood89

I like the guitar in the intro, very chill. I know you said the percussion is just temporary, but the drum track has too much reverb for my taste (it almost kind of distracts). Aside from that, I think you should definately keep working on it. Are you gonna try adding vocals? Just curious what they'd be like. I think it'd make a cool instrumental as well, just kind of long.

Good luck with it, I'll have to check it out if you do more work.
elementwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementwood89
I like the guitar in the intro, very chill. I know you said the percussion is just temporary, but the drum track has too much reverb for my taste (it almost kind of distracts). Aside from that, I think you should definately keep working on it. Are you gonna try adding vocals? Just curious what they'd be like. I think it'd make a cool instrumental as well, just kind of long.

Good luck with it, I'll have to check it out if you do more work.

I thought about adding vocals to it, but decided against it in the end, mainly because it would force an image into the listeners head, rather than have them make their own. The reverb isn't actually applied to any specific tracks, it's layered on the master buss. Cheers for the critique!

Rate This Thread: