Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #15081
ThePIGI_King
I'm Lovin' It

My amp is a POD 2 into a PA speaker. The funny thing is, that's a HUGE LEAP better than what I used to have. I feel like a lot of people on here are very tone-snobbish. Sometimes I barely think a band I likes tone is better. Are people just nit-picky, or have my ears not yet come to recognize the differences in quality?
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
ThePIGI_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #15082
TheStig1214
Lace Fanboy

I am 100% happy with my Laney. I would have a Rockerverb or Sunn O))) Model T Reissue or a custom Big Crunch if I could afford it but the Laney will do. Fit in just about any genre or band if you tweak a boost and the gain stages right.

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Line 6 M13
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Gojira FX Mammoth Fuzz
TheStig1214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:46 PM   #15083
lemurflames
Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemurph7976
It seems were all feeling a bit fed up with our amps, I'm thinking of getting rid of my Framus as well, but god knows for what, I'm in a bit of a quandry where I'm not really sure what I want

My EVH is wonderful.

But my half-working Peavey isn't.
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
lemurflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #15084
littlemurph7976

Just me then haha.

I'm actually seriously considering going the route of getting a clean amp and running distortion pedals for all my dirty needs haha. Totally undecided as of yet though, I may just end up with a Laney like you Stig, the VH's look really nice, my favourite band used them, and both of the other guitarists in my band are running GL's (the 50 and the 100 versions) so I may as well jump on the band wagon haha.
Orange PPC212

littlemurph7976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #15085
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemurph7976
Just me then haha.

I'm actually seriously considering going the route of getting a clean amp and running distortion pedals for all my dirty needs haha. Totally undecided as of yet though, I may just end up with a Laney like you Stig, the VH's look really nice, my favourite band used them, and both of the other guitarists in my band are running GL's (the 50 and the 100 versions) so I may as well jump on the band wagon haha.

To be honest the only thing that's really annoying me about my amp is that, since it's a GH50L, it doesn't have a clean channel. But I think I can actually fix that with a simple ABY pedal; I have a similarly powered combo that I like the clean tones of enough for now at least

Thing about pedals though, I've never ever managed to find a pedal that could replicate the sounds I like about my favourite amps, I don't know why! I feel like if Fractal or Line6 or someone put their better amp models in to a pedal it would be doable but since no one has... meh. Even my Suhr Riot doesn't really do what I thought it would... it's still good but it's not quite what I was expecting.

I don't know if any of you guys have any particular pedals you're thinking of or anything though, maybe ones I've never used

Album.
Legion.
Zaphod_Beeblebr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #15086
lemurflames
Ronnie

Getting metal out of a pedal has always been a miss... Sound needs to come from a modeler or a real high gain amp, it seems.
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
lemurflames is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: