Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
harrisonatsix

How do i get this tone?

Hi, my current gear is a Fender JA-90 tele into a dunlop wah into a lpb-1 into a turbo rat into a vox ac30 with a boss dd-7 in the effects loop.
I really love the tone in a song and want to work out how to achieve it with my gear but can't quite work it out, I seem to have more of an overdrive going on then a crunch, which I achieve by turning the channel volume up just over half on the top boost channel treble just over half and bass at half.
The song is here;

How would you achieve this using my gear?

thanks
harrisonatsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

that kinda just sounds like an overdrive but with bright fender-style single coils. your tele has p90s, right?

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
roshjosh

If you're referring to the guitar at the beginning of the song (That continues for most of the song), then it sounds like some of the tone was achieved during post production. The removal of the bass from a mildly over-driven amp.

The guitar parts in the rest of the song are blended in too much with the bass, so it makes it sort of difficult to even tell what the guitar sounds like.

With your current setup, you should have no problem achieving these sounds.

Just remember: 99% of that song is other instruments. Guitar is hardly featured in there - Well, at least it's not a focal point. Furthermore, there seems to be a solid amount of production in the song. None of this is raw.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

that's a good point

i know nothing about production etc. lol.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: