Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #21
dannyalcatraz

Honestly?

I love my Jon Kammerer thinkine coustic, but it's designed to be plugged in. Due to clever construction, it projects better than most thinlines.

My Ovation is nice, and my Tacoma is nicer...

I ain't got NUTTIN like that.

And when I look at my G.A.S. list, I find mostly electrics, except for a couple of Seagulls, a a Breedlove and a Rainsong. There's also a trio of Baritones- the new Ovation, a Gold-Tone, and a headless Jon Kammerer.*

The only thing that competes with an Edwinson on my list is this Kevin Ryan:
http://www.ryanguitars.com/Main-Nightingale.html

And an Ervin Somogyi:
http://www.esomogyi.com/index.html

(...and with price tags starting at 2x and 5x times that of the Edwinson, respectively, I'm not too likely to buy one of those anytime soon.)

Thank you for showing me something epic AND (relatively) affordable! Perhaps I CAN achieve acoustic earvana in this lifetime!

* There's a Gottshcall and a Chrysalis on my list, but those can't be had these days...and those are more about their unique construction than their auditory excellence (which both have).

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 01-17-2013 at 10:29 AM.
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #22
Dreadnought
Hammer / Scalpel

Steve makes some great guitars, he gets a lot of well deserved praise for his Edwinsons!

Rate This Thread: