Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #1161
Guitar_Lover112

[forbidden link]
Guitar_Lover112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #1162
Guitar_Lover112

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b8lJxOmjXiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Guitar_Lover112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #1163
lefthandpaul

Smile

Hello...excuse me...my 1st post...Wanted to get back into Guitar and am left handed and on disability...soooo...found a factory left-hand pick guard, left hand strung Yahama for $125 out the door...(1st one I've seen in 10 yrs of searching) can't wait to play it...am a real beginner... re learning C, F , G and A Minor... don't laugh!!! Did I get an acceptable beginners guitar ??? Recommendations on left hand finger picks...kinda' hard to find here in -FW area... beginner videos, etc... don't laugh now...but want to EVENTUALLY learn how to play my all-time favorite, "Classical Gas" by fellow Texan, Mason Williams... I'm a long way from that !!! any ideas, recommendation, suggestions are welcome... no profanity please... Grandkids might read your posts... ha... Thanks for all your patience with this 66 yr old newbee !!
lefthandpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #1164
Captaincranky

Welcome to UG. Another lefty here. I think you'll find there are way more lefty guitars available today, than when I started 40+ years ago. (I've managed to find and buy too many)....

As for recommendations, I think the key of G major occurs more often than the key of C. So, I'd consider learning G, C, D, & E minor at the same time.

As for "Classical Gas", can't help ya. I'm a hardened flat picker.

Last edited by Captaincranky : 10-14-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #1165
atira

Hi,
Anyone can recommend me songs for acoustic/resonator guitar tuned in open C?
Or in open D maybe?
Would like to learn some, just don't know any. Available tabs are required, I'm not good at transcribing.
Skill level: about beginner to intermediate. No singing.

Or open anything, just not standard tuning (And should be lower than standard.)

Last edited by atira : 11-17-2013 at 09:45 AM.
atira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #1166
Kebinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by atira
Hi,
Anyone can recommend me songs for acoustic/resonator guitar tuned in open C?
Or in open D maybe?
Would like to learn some, just don't know any. Available tabs are required, I'm not good at transcribing.
Skill level: about beginner to intermediate. No singing.

Or open anything, just not standard tuning (And should be lower than standard.)

Should try Bon Iver - Skinny Love. I really enjoy playing it and if I recall correctly it's in Drop-D tuning.
I watch TV and Comcast cable
Kebinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #1167
njal_stormcalle

Hey everyone, is there anyone out there that can help me find the tab or do a tab for study NO.6 by peter atlmeier-mort i really like it and am trying to find it please help?
njal_stormcalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #1168
Neuler

Hello everyone!

I'm new there and i need some help with my guitar. (Maybe this is not the best part of the forums for technical issues but i did not find a better for it.. )

So for christmas i have get a new Electro Classical guitar. I have a Laura Nylon 4/4 too but they gave me a new one where i can reach the gigher frets much easier and i can connect it to my amp. The new guitar is a Stagg 546 TCE (black).

I have the following problems with it:
- When i connect to my amp it gives some noise when im strumming, like someone blowing a microphone.
- Some fret buzz.
- Something rezonating inside the body and makes an absolutely hearable noise too.
- I can put my nail under the bridge on a longer part. I'm afraid from this..... you know why.

These make it at the moment unusuable for rehearsals and for (small) concerts.

I will take it back to the dealer but i really need some advice that how can it be repared or cant and should be changed.... i dont know the dealer but, it is always a big problem for them when they have to do something with a bad instrument. (I have only a few experencies on it because of my electric guitar...)

I would like to keep this (or this type) stagg guitar, because it was a gift and the action is really good and when i find a fret where is no noise then the sound is also very good, and the neck is comfortable.

So it became really long.... i hope someone will read it.
Thank you in advance for the help.
Neuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #1169
captivate
d[-.-]b Asian Audiophile.

^All you can do is take it in and get it checked out. If the guitar isn't that well built to begin with... there's not much you can do. You just need to decide whether or not the guitar is worth the money to fix.

- Amp connection is hard to say because it could be a bunch of loose wires, loose pickup, etc.
- fret buzz depends on the type. Does it run all the way up/down the board? Localized to a few frets? It could just need some higher action. It could also possibly be low humidity? (depending on where you live)
- Something resonating inside? That could be loose wires. Hopefully not loose wood. Couldn't really tell you from just this description.
- Bridge... may have lifted from lack of humidity. Could just have not been glued properly (shotty workmanship). It just needs to get glued down again.
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
captivate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #1170
Neuler

Thank you for your reply.
On the next week i will take it back to be repaired. The humidity must be okay because my other guitar has no problems (also a classical) for nearly 8 years.... and my plants also need watering and a good humidity.

There is a fret buzz at certain frets... i dont want a higher action so it will need some adjustment at the frets, i think that some of the frets are too high compared to the others.

It has a warranty, so i hope everything will be OK.
Neuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #1171
Kara0222
UG Newbie

I'm going to make a documentary about how guitars are made for my college media project and need to do some audience research. If you could help me out and take this survey that I have created on survey monkey via the link below I would be grateful:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QSKC7YP

Thanks in advance!
Kara0222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #1172
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Can somebody tell me what song this is, for some reason the name completely escapes me. It starts like this:
Code:
E-------------------------- B-------------3------------ G---------4-------4-------- D---4-3-4---4---4---4-3-4-- A-2------------------------ E--------------------------

The Spirit shall look out through Matter's gaze
And Matter shall reveal the Spirit's face.
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #1173
Dreadnought
Nyctophiliac

My Edwinson needs some adjusting (fret buzz around the 12-14th frets on most of the strings with 12 gauge strings) but I can't afford it until the summer. Blah.

Gonna put 13's on in the meantime.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #1174
stepchildusmc

ya know, if ya send me that beautiful work of orgasmic musical art Dread... i can fix that for ya !
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #1175
Dreadnought
Nyctophiliac

Oh yeah I bet
Old 04-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #1176
bradywalter

I know this is annoying to see on here, but I love playing the guitar more than anything in the world and I need a new guitar to be able to continue playing. If anyone could please donate some money to my page on go fund, it would be greatly appreciated. thank you. *link removed*
bradywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:16 AM   #1177
MysticRiffs

G'day, guys.

Don't need anything, don't want anything, not asking for money, and I have no links to share.

Just sayin' g'day.

Love my acoustic like my remaining 7 kidneys.

Just joined, and I can't tell you how excited I am to have found an online community. I have autism, so face-to-face ain't my bag, baby, but I sound half smart on paper. They invented the internet at just the right time for people like me!

Cheers, guys.
♍ሂᏕኘነር ԄነኙኙᏕ
Old 07-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #1178
weezerpumpkins

Is there somewhere I can just buy a single tuner/machine head? I was looking at stewmac and other similar sites and they were just selling sets for like $30 and up. I need one tuner/machine head for this guitar, Washburn D100DL: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...acoustic-guitar I don't want to put much money into it, as it was only $100 new, it has a hole on the underside, and I'm pretty sure the neck is warped.
weezerpumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #1179
Captaincranky

I thought you could buy singles from Stew-Mac....

Don't see the point though. You'll get killed on shipping.

Why don't you go for the set of house brand cheapies, then yank them if you sell or throw the guitar away.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Carvin sells singles. But, the have a fixed one rate shipping charge on small parts. You can get 6 shipped, for the same price as one.

I think Stew Mac's house brand set is the cheaper of the two sellers.

Last edited by Captaincranky : 07-21-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: