Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #1321
madmax33096
Eltitnikufesin

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Jesus dude, you trying to show off at a GC?

I mean its a bunch of kids.

The 5150/6505 it drumming levels on 2. There is no way the others could hear over you playing.

No, that's what I said that I wasn't trying to do, so don't assume that.

Honestly, I don't remember exactly, I just remember that I was on a low setting at moderate levels, and I was being told to turn it down.
madmax33096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #1322
madmax33096
Eltitnikufesin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashedlostfdup
+1 thats loud on a 6505+

if i would have been there i would have complained.

if you are going to dime an amp for a minute or two and are seriously buying or considering is fine. if you just dime it and play over everything and be cool, its pathetic.

i have a feeling you were at that stage too at some point.

and shrink the ego a little bit. maybe the best player in there was playing quietly and you couldn't even hear him. even people with bad tone can be great guitarists.

i have never met a good guitarist who said they were the best. all of the best guitarists i play with wouldn't even throw a word in regarding their playing abilities. i never say and wont here either.

you got in all your cool points in for the day

That wasn't quite what I meant by what I said, but okay then. I absolutely have hardly an ego at all. Most people compliment on my playing and I honestly feel awkward when someone does. I never know what to say because I never want to sound like some egotistical and conceited person.

People always tend to take what I say and turn it into a negative thing like that when it wasn't my intention at all. I never say point blank that I'm the best, because I know I'm not, not even close, but I have a good awareness of my level of skill at my instrument. I'm just confident about my craft and my skill, and there's nothing wrong with that, at least to me I guess.

So please, don't take my comment the wrong way.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #1323
Ruark

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax33096
I was about the best sounding player in there at the time.

I'm sure you were, but the truth is, nobody gives a crap how good you sound. A music store isn't a night club or concert hall, it's a STORE. You can't assume that just because you know how to play the first 5 bars of Stairway, that everybody within 100 yards wants to HEAR you.
Yamaha YPG225
Yamaha FG720S
Peavey Special 212
Vox Cambridge 15
DR Pure Blues .010s, Dunlop Gel Heavys
Ruark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #1324
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Lets stop flaming him. He's caught enough flak already. Point was made. Move along...

At this point I just order my stuff on-line so I don't have to deal with the idiots at my local one in Lake Forest CA. Horrid staff and never an easy experience, even for a pack of strings. (and I just ordered a bunch on-line 5 minutes ago)

As I have said in the past I will go out of my way to go to the one in Culver City. Hollywood has a great sales rep there named Kat. Super easy to work with. The one in Oxnard wasn't half bad. They lost all the old employees so it isn't the same, which is a shame.

Last edited by R45VT : 03-04-2013 at 12:08 AM.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #1325
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

The thing about GC is that I have always held a grudge against the people that worked there. Unfortunately, at the one most local to my house, most of the same employees are still there. While I have become friends with a few, there is still that select few that still blow hot air out of their ass. That being said, I always remember when I was beginning guitar and actually depended on these people to give me solid, honest advice, in which they never did.

So, when I go into GC nowadays, it's usually not to purchase anything, but rather test things out and then go buy online, unless they have something used at a stupid price that I want to grab.

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #1326
Klonoa87

I'm just curious, why do GC employees seem to push spider amps? They get commission and generally spider amps are cheaper than the other amps people are looking at. With that said, I don't think I've ever had one pushed on me. Infact, I've had pretty good experience talking with the people at the GCs closest to me.
Klonoa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #1327
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonoa87
I'm just curious, why do GC employees seem to push spider amps? They get commission and generally spider amps are cheaper than the other amps people are looking at. With that said, I don't think I've ever had one pushed on me. Infact, I've had pretty good experience talking with the people at the GCs closest to me.

i never have been pushed really anything from GC to be honest.

i have sure had idiots or people who really don't seem to know what they are doing (hence my previous post from last week).

the sam ash near me (which i no longer do business with) are so pushy, power up an amp and 30 seconds you have somebody up your ass and breathing down your neck.

gas list:
Strymon Mobius
Diamond Compressor
Musket Fuzz
and a few guitars
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #1328
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonoa87

Spiders are "pushed" because they do or did make a sales person more than average amps that on a normal day would be recomended. Thats how you weed out the avergae money grabbing sales associate from the one's who actually take the time and do research. To me its not about money its about making the customer happy and more importantly WHAT THEY WANT! And thats anywhere not just GC. Ive been to mom and pops all over and its all the same. There is always someone there who just tries to make money.

I never looked down at them that "Im all superior" but I just dont go to that person for any sales. Find the few who listen and hold on to them. And you will realize that they are more there to help.
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
bburritt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #1329
madmax33096
Eltitnikufesin

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Lets stop flaming him. He's caught enough flak already. Point was made. Move along...

Thank you, I didn't want to have to clarify again. Sometimes I say things I don't mean, and that 'best player in the place' thing was one of them. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was arrogant about my playing. Sorry for the misconception guys.
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer 30th Anniversay
ISP Decimator G String Model

Last edited by madmax33096 : 03-04-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #1330
DeathByDestroyr
not autistic

I have only ever been inside one GC, and just once...

Rate This Thread: