Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #10341
RandomSweater

New to the forums, not so new to ultimate-guitar. I've been interested in playing music for years and finally picked up my first guitar a couple days ago! I'm super excited to start practicing and become a part of this community. Expect to see me around. c:
RandomSweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #10342
Nate H

Thumbs up

Hi everyone im a noob xD hope to learn alot here
Nate H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:47 AM   #10343
Eddye25

I'm new here. I've been using Rocksmith as an intro to guitar playing last year. I like playing so much I'm thinking about taking lessons to really learn to play well.
Eddye25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #10344
zachman203
Alice's Restaurant

hello everyone new to the site, computers really... going to see if this gets me threw the next level of playing, we shall see.
zachman203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #10345
Mafle

Hi people, I was watching the tabs here for more than three years so I think that itīs time to join into the family
Mafle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #10346
Cylence

Thumbs up

Wow its 2014 and waiting for the next gig... Yay
Cylence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:59 AM   #10347
kabuki1
Гат&#10

Hi everybody. I'm just registered yesterday. Uploaded a few Guitar Pro tabs. One of them has already been approved - Lamb Of God - Digital Sands. So cheсk it out.

P. S. English is not my native language, so i can make some mistakes. please don't be angry with me.

Last edited by kabuki1 : 09-12-2014 at 06:14 AM.
kabuki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #10348
madmodellerba

Hi every one. My name is Anthony Bamford. I seem to have found my way here by mistake. I have somehow signed up for a 3 day trial with Ultimate Guitar Tabs, and I am not certain how I cancel this 3 day trial. I can not find any info anywhere about how to cancel, and I am confused now about what to do.

I am 73 years old and this technology gets the better of me at times.

I would appreciate any help to get me out of this mess I seem to have got myself into and I wish to cancel the 3 day trial.

Thank you in anticipation.

Anthony.
madmodellerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #10349
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmodellerba
Hi every one. My name is Anthony Bamford. I seem to have found my way here by mistake. I have somehow signed up for a 3 day trial with Ultimate Guitar Tabs, and I am not certain how I cancel this 3 day trial. I can not find any info anywhere about how to cancel, and I am confused now about what to do.

I am 73 years old and this technology gets the better of me at times.

I would appreciate any help to get me out of this mess I seem to have got myself into and I wish to cancel the 3 day trial.

Thank you in anticipation.

Anthony.

Anthony,

What is the exact service that you signed up for?

Maybe this advice from the App FAQ will help or apply to you:

Quote:
"Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD

1. Cancel subscription auto-renewal

You should go to Settings of your device, then to Store > click on Apple ID > "View Apple ID" > under Subscriptions, select "Manage", there you'll be taken to the section where you'll be able to turn off the automatic renewal of your subscription. In this section you can find subscription settings for all subscription-based apps. "
Old 09-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #10350
madmodellerba

Hi Dreadnought. I think it was Tab Pro that I managed to get myself signed up for. It was a 3day trial with the option of paying monthly at a rate of $3.99. It said that the free trial was for 3 days and if I cancelled before the 15th I would not be charged the monthly amount.

To be honest, I had a hell of a job signing in to the site and I had to keep requesting a username and password reminder because what ever I put in, would not be accepted. Now I am getting worried that I may have got myself tied in to something that I do not want and cannot cancel. Help!!!!

I have read your advice, but do not know where to go to find this information, computrs and I do not get on very well.

Anthony
madmodellerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #10351
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Anthony, the following website should allow you to cancel your subscription service:

http://plus.ultimate-guitar.com/account/

If that does not work, you can send an email to:

support-ugplus@ultimate-guitar.com

For your information, I got this information from the Terms of Service of the UG services page:

Quote:
5. TERMINATION /CANCELLATION

5.1 To cancel your account or subscription, please visit http://plus.ultimate-guitar.com/account/ or contact Ultimate Guitar's Customer Service by email support-ugplus@ultimate-guitar.com. If you cancel your subscription, Ultimate Guitar will not refund any remaining portion of your subscription fees except as expressly provided for herein. Please note that, following cancellation of your subscription to the Service, you will not be able to access the Service.
For monthly subscriptions, you may cancel your monthly subscription anytime during the month however, you will not receive a refund for the current month's subscription (which will remain active for the remainder of that month's subscription term) and your payment method will not be charged for any subsequent monthly billing periods; as a courtesy to you we will convert your account to a free account.
For subscriptions other than monthly subscriptions, if you cancel your subscription during the first fourteen (14) days of your subscription term you will receive a refund of the difference between the then-in-effect and current subscription fee to which You are subscribed and the then-in-effect and current monthly subscription fee. Your account will not auto-renew for any recurring periodic charges at the end of the subscription term. As a courtesy to you we will convert your Account to a free account at the end of the 30-day period.
For subscriptions other than monthly subscriptions, if you cancel your subscription after the first fourteen (14) days of your subscription term you will not receive a refund; your Account will remain active as originally subscribed through the end of your subscription term, and we will change your account subscription information so that it does not auto-renew for any recurring periodic charges or any subsequent renewal term. As a courtesy to you we will convert your Account to a free account at the end of the subscription term.
Your non-termination or continued use of the Service reaffirms that Ultimate Guitar is authorized to charge your payment method. We may submit those charges for payment and you agree you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you.

Hope that this helps!
Old 09-13-2014, 12:59 AM   #10352
Silvermantle46

Hi my name is John and I have been teaching, playing, and eating guitar for the last thirty years
And I just joined. I had actually gone to this site many times in the past as a guest for tabs and
A wealth of guitar info.I hope I can contribute as well as take !?!?!?!!
Silvermantle46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #10353
RNB99

Just registered and thought id introduce myself.

My name is richard, Im 15 and have been playing electric guitar for about six months and i played bass for about a year before that. Into mostly punk/hardcore music
I own a epiphone es-339, strat style electric and P-bass style bass. I have a 15 watt bass amp and a 20 watt guitar amp. I have been teaching myself guitar and as such dont know much about reading music. Thanks all for reading.

Last edited by RNB99 : 09-13-2014 at 09:52 AM.
RNB99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #10354
fborrull

Hello everybody,

I just downloaded UG for my iPad last night. I paid for the lifetime subscription, which I think it is a pretty good deal. I am always looking for TABS or Chords online, and I often come across UG and the 'add' asking to join, so I did.

I own two Gibson acoustic guitars, two electric Fender guitars, and a beautiful amazing Marshall DSL40C amp. I'd love to own a Gibson LesPaul, but that will have to wait until $ is available. I am an intermediate player who unfortunately does not have the time to play as much as I would like to. I am a teacher in high school, and a professor at a local University writing a PhD dissertation, so I really have very little spare time. But when I do, it is all about the music! I love music (and books), and I love playing guitar. Although I am not very proficient, playing guitar makes me extremely happy. I really play for myself, with absolutely no intentions to take it any further. I also have a nice Fishman amp and a mic set, so I sing along while I play. I used to sing in a choir, and I'd say I am very decent at singing. I love classic rock, but I am very open and I listen to a great variety of musical genres, including opera and classical (I can't use my guitar there!). I uploaded some of the bands I like the most in my profile, if you are interested to check them out (I copied and pasted the list from my RYM account).

I am not sure if it is okay to post a question here, so I'll go ahead and if this is not the place, please forgive me and redirect me, as this is my very first post:

As I said, I bought the iPad APP with lifetime subscription, but they did not ask me there to create a username or password or whatever. Then, when I came here, I had to sign up and create a username and stuff. Aren't these two sites the same? Aren't they synchronize? I am confused.

Thank you very much for having this site, and I hope to be able to grow as a player and as a person.

Last edited by fborrull : 09-13-2014 at 01:49 PM.
fborrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:55 PM   #10355
Shevan

Hello. I love alternative rock. I can play a few bass lines and blues but I am still learning the basics.
Shevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #10356
topguitars4u

Hi my name is Chris and I've played guitar for 20 years slacked off in the past 3 years or so but I am starting to pick an acoustic cheapie I have laying around the house again. Saw this forum thought it would be a good place for experience and learning.
Old Today, 11:38 AM   #10357
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by topguitars4u
Hi my name is Chris and I've played guitar for 20 years slacked off in the past 3 years or so but I am starting to pick an acoustic cheapie I have laying around the house again. Saw this forum thought it would be a good place for experience and learning.

Chris, you are going to have to remove the link in your signature as we do not allow advertising on UG. It is part of our rules.

Thank you

Rate This Thread: